Monday, March 14, 2005

The World's Third Poorest Man

Dilip D'Souza has a pithy rejoinder to last week's news that Lakshmi Mittal is the world's third-richest person:

Still, I wonder: If the world's third-richest man is Indian, I feel pretty sure the world's third-poorest man is as well. And the second- and the poorest are probably his neighbours. In fact, I am also pretty sure I saw this third-poorest man yesterday, a sad figure in loose pants and nothing else who, for no clear reason, runs up and down the street near where I live.

You might want to read the whole thing.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true my friend, so true

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i don agree with you....well i ,taran.....says that the poorest person in these world is johny....my dustbin man .....he owes people money equivalent to.....million dollars.....but he says he may not be able to repay in this life and it ll take his 6 six generations to clear his debt

Blogger Akash said...

now Carlos (From Mexico, America)is richest of thwe wolrd so america consist of 1st poorest man

Anonymous josly said...

well, i'm jos from malaysia only have one thing to say; malaysia's richest man may not be listed in top 100 or 200 richest man in the world, but i'm pretty sure that the top 10000 poorest man in the world will not include anyone from malaysia.

Blogger Naman said...

hey we are the main contender for this title.