Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpking Carving

Thomas the Tank Engine, carved into a pumpkin.

Labels:

Blogger Pinku said...

thats so very cute....and not scary at all ....happy halloweens to all of you!!!

Blogger Mampi said...

who did it? Did you?

Blogger Amardeep said...

Mampi, my wife Samian carved it from a stencil printed off the internet. I tried to discourage her, initially, saying it would be too hard, but she stuck with it and it came out nicely.

Anonymous Jyotsna said...

Hi, Sorry to use this comment board but I could not find an email address for you.
This is to request you to find the time to take a look at my food blog http://thecookscottage.typepad.com ( By the way I have a link to your blog for some time now ) I have been writing it since 2005.

Every few months I have had posts of mine copied wholesale by one paper or another. The latest, and for the third time in a row, is The Times of India group. They published a piece today which was a straight lift from something I had written in May 2006.The proof is there on the blog in the form of photographs. Please follow the links as well so you will know some of the history of their ongoing plagiarism.
My blog is not high prose...nor is it fantastically creative. Nevertheless we all own our words and photographs, published, as they are, not for money but, for the sheer joy of writing about what interests us.
I would be very grateful if you could log onto the site and support me by leaving a comment. It will be immensely helpful for a prospective battle against this very arrogant Goliath.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amardeep,
This is in regards to your post on SepiaMutiny about "Communal Violence in Orissa: Trying to Get a Balanced Picture"

Here's why dalits and tribals embrace Christianity.. and some insight into how they are treated in the ITT's. Read the comments too..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3682878.cms

IMHO all dalits and tribals should convert enmass. There is no justice in hinduism.

Anonymous Japanese words said...

Great pumpkin. Very well done. Looks like it took a bit of time and planning to keep it from collapsing.

Anonymous Quadrant said...

Very clever idea it kind of looks like Thomas the tank engine.