Monday, March 14, 2005

Blogaversary

I started this blog one year ago today.

It's been fun. I've sunk way more time into it than I intended to. I've made some new friends, and reconnected with many old ones. I've started to read the news in a different way; I'm better connected to what's happening out there. And best of all, the daily ritual of writing something for public consumption (however limited a public it is) has transformed the way I think about my writing.

There are things I could probably do better in terms of making this blog more user-friendly and more bloggy -- especially along the lines of opening up comments to anonymous commentors. I also definitely want to get the hell off Blogger sometime soon (maybe mid-May).

For right now I'm just going to focus on what I find most rewarding about blogging, and that is writing as well as I can about things that seem like they need to be talked about.

Thanks everyone.

Anand said...

Congrats on the first anniversary! Have been following your posts from last August or so. I must say that your blog is truly remarkable, both in content and style. Wish you many excellent blogyears ahead!

9:05 AM  
amcorrea said...

Happy anniversary! I've learned quite a bit, and really appreciate your perspective. May you have many, many more!

9:08 AM  
Kerim Friedman said...

Happy Blogversary!!!

10:27 PM  
Ms. World said...

Omedato, as the Japanese say, or Congratulations in Engrish! I love your blog! And I won't write amore because I'm a recovering commentaholic!

8:34 AM  
Quizman said...

Congratulations!

1:53 PM  
Nitin said...

Amardeep,

Congratulations. The Indian blogosphere has been the better for it.

10:54 PM  
bitchphd said...

Congratulations. Yours is one of the blogs that teaches me the most new things.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment