Friday, September 30, 2005

Aishwarya Rai Holds Book, Poses For Photo

(Via Beth Loves Bollywood.)

It's part of the Celebrity READ poster series, which also includes everyone from (the incomparable) Bernie Mac (holding Armed and Dangerous) to Britney Spears (holding Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone). My favorite in the series has to be Coolio, who poses with Frankenstein. I'm thinking of ordering one to put up in my office at school...

So why is Aish holding a deeply annoying book like The Alchemist? It really doesn't say much about her taste in literature.

Well, at least she didn't pose while holding The Mistress of Spices, which would be both annoying and crass -- as she's starring in the as-yet unreleased film adaptation of it.

Rani said...

Or Austen's Pride and Prejudice. While shooting for that god-awful adaptation, Bride and Prejudice, she said something like, "I don't want to talk about my role, because then everyone will know the story and no one will come watch the movie."

2:16 PM  
Anonymous said...

ROTFL! This is priceless! Aishwarya Rai is a scream!!!!!!!!!!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous said...

Taste, schmaste! Aishwarya Rai can hold up any book she wishes, as long as we can see her doing so.

*Sigh...*

8:50 AM  
Mrudula said...

I think she has no taste in literature that's why she is holding 'The Alchemist'.

12:59 AM  
MD said...

Well, on a peripheral note, Beth loves Bollywood is an awesome name for a blog. Yes, yes, it's truth in advertising, but still, it's an awesome name.

I must be the only person in the world who has no opinion of Ash.

9:22 PM  
Lucy Tartan said...

mmm, she holds that book so....winningly!

8:03 PM  
Anonymous said...

Keep holding books and acting well. Dont run after any worthless hero other than in movies.

7:49 AM  
mithu said...

she looks as if she's doing another cheesy advertisement for a watch. i mean, it's not as if she HAS to fold her arms across her chest to hold a book. looks like she got away with being annoying (AGAIN!!) and crass after all. how sad.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous said...

umm shes holding a book who care u guys should just go get a life who gives shit if she is holding a book. is it a crime to hold a book *gawd*

9:29 PM  
Anonymous said...

I whish her all the best, because she is my favourite star
Aishwarya Rai

6:30 PM  
Anonymous said...

i like her acting she is just holding a book isn't that allowed sheesh give her a break

6:49 PM  
Anonymous said...

LOOOL at most of the comments here. I saw this poster in my local library and cracked up! Actually, its not just about holding a book, its a poster relaying information about oneself... if it didnt matter what book you held I'm sure plenty of the men posing in this poster series would hold a playboy mag. And ok, after all the slack we cut her for her dumb movies, how about she do something right and hold a normal book. LOL!

8:03 PM  
Anonymous said...

Oh yah, one more thing, someone said it looks like shes advertising a watch...well shes been there done that. At our local mall theres this huge poster of her advertising some companies watch/jewelry. Scary isn't it...shes everywhere.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment