Monday, July 12, 2004

India-related resources at the Complete Review

Dan Green from The Reading Experience linked to a site he is associated with called The Complete Review in a recent post.

It has a wealth of resources, including a number of thorough reviews of books by Indian authors (including Upamanyu Chatterjee, Githa Hariharan, and Qurratulain Hyder -- people whose work I enjoy, but who are not widely known outside of India).

Also recommended is this useful analysis of the James Laine book on Sivaji, as well as the subsequent harassment of him and anyone even remotely associated (culminating with the Sambhaji Brigade's attack on the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute a a few months ago).

PhDiva said...

I've been hooked into The Complete Review for years and love it.

Given your interests, i also thought you might enjoy The Little Magazine. The web version is only partial, but the print version is hard to get a hold of, even in India.

3:35 PM  
PhDiva said...

3:35 PM  
Amardeep said...

PhDiva,

Thanks! I've seen references to the magazine here and there, but never gone to the site. I liked the Antara Dev Sen piece in the latest issue...

4:40 PM  
Kerim Friedman said...

I just started my first Qurratulain Hyder book: "Rivers of Fire." Somehow the title seemed appropriate after finishing "Cities of Salt." The next book should be "Mountains of ...." I suppose?

6:10 PM