In addition to my Installations and One-man Exhibits, I have exhibited my work in many group shows. With some sponsors I exhibited only once. However, there have been a number in which I have shown repeatedly. These include (with the abbreviations used in the listings):
Allentown Art Museum, Allentown, PA, (AAM)
Philadelphia/Tri-State Artists Equity, (PTSAE)
Eastern Pennsylvania Art Salon Invitational Exhibition, New Arts Gallery, Kutztown, PA
International Association of Empirical Aesthetics (IAEA)
A selected list is given below..
- 1991-2014 Eastern Pennsylvania Art Salon Invitational Exhibition, New Arts Gallery, Kutztown, PA. This is an annual gallery event in which I participate.
- 2014 IAEA2014, New York University, NYC, NY
- 2014 PTSAE 65th Anniversary Exhibition, Watercolor Prize winner, SSP Galleries, Conshohocken, PA
- 2014 Annual Juried Art Exhibition, "Drawn from Nature", John James Audbon Center at Mill Grove, PA
- 2013 PTSAE Members Juried Exhibition, Widener Universitty Art Gallery, Chester, PA
- 2012 IAEA2012, National Taiwan Normal University Gallery, Taipei. Taiwan
- 2011 Multiple, Limited Unique - Center for Book Arts, NYC, NY - See My Books for details
- 2011 Berks Art Alliance Open Juried Exhibition, Reading Public Museum, Reading, PA
- 2011 PTSAE Juried Spring Members Exhibition, Wayne Art Center, Wayne, PA
- 2011 Inside Outside, goggleWorks Gallery, Reading, PA
- 2010-11 Collage of A Commonwealth, Touring Exhibition in Pennsylvania, sponsored by United Way
- 2010 I'll Cut ThrU - Juried Members Exhibit, Center For Book Arts, New York, NY. This exhibit traveled to the Barbara Walters Gallery, Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY
- 2010 NorthEastPA Regional Art, Hope Horn Gallery, University of Scranton and Suraci Gallery, Marywood University, Scranton, PA
- 2010 Women's Tools, The Phillips Museum of Art, Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, PA
- 2010 PTSAE Juried Fall Members Exhibition, SPP Galleries, Conshohocken, PA
- 2010 IAEA2010 Dresden Academy of Fine Arts, Dresden, Germany
- 2010 Schuylkill River Heritage Area Art Show, Montgomery County Community College Gallery, Pottstown, PA
- 2010 PTSAE Juried Members Exhibition, Montgomery County Community College Gallery, Pottstown, PA
- 2009 Allentown Art Museum Juried Show, Allentown PA
- 2009 PTSAE Select Exhibition, Community Music School Gallery, Trappe, PA
- 2009 PTSAE 60th Anniversary Juried Exhibition, Berman Museum, Ursinus College, Collegeville, PA
- 2008, IAEA2008, Chicago, Il
- 2008 PTSAE Select Exhibition, Phoenixville, PA
- 2006 Art Across The River, Columbia, NJ
- 2006, IAEA2006, Universite d’Avignon, Avignon, France
- 2006 PTSAE Members Exhibition, McGOPA Gallery, West Conshhoken, PA
- 2005 Juried Members Exhibit, Banana Factory, Bethlehem, PA
- 2005 Art Across The River, Columbia, NJ Second Place
- 2005 PTSAE Juried Exhibit, West Chester University, PA
- 2004 IAEA2004, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon Portugal
- 2004 PTSAE Juried Exhibit, Phillips Museum, Lancaster, PA.
- 2003 Musikfest, A Citywide Arts Festival, Bethlehem, PA.
- 2003 Art Across The River, Columbia, NJ Second Place
- 2003 Juried Exhibit, Banana Factory, Bethlehem, PA
- 2002 Crossing the Line, Moore College of Art and Design,Philadelphia, PA
- 2002 PTSAE Juried Exhibition, Widener University Art Gallery, PA
- 2002 Hunger for the Arts, Everhart Museum, Scranton, PA
- 2002 Art Across The River, Columbia, NJ Honorable Mention
- 2002 IAEA2002, Takarazuka School of Art and Design, Takarazuka,Japan
- 2001 Guise and Dolls, Open Space Gallery, Allentown, PA
- 2001 National Juried Exhibition, Mayfair, Allentown, PA
- 2001 Art Across The River, Columbia, NJ Honorable Mention
- 2001 Self Portrait, Banana Factory, Bethlehem, PA
- 2000 IAEA2000, New School University, New York City, NY
- 2000 PTSAE Select Members' Exhibition, Rowan University, NJ
- 1999 Mayfair National Juried Art Exhibition, Open Space Gallery, Allentown, PA
- 1999 Small Works Exhibition, Gallery at Cedar Hollow, Malvern, PA
- 1999 Walrus Talks, Knight Gallery, Palmerton, Pa
- 1998 IAEA Art Exhibition, 1st University of Rome, "La Sapienza", Rome, Italy
- 1998 Mayfair National Juried Art Exhibition, Allentown Art Museum, Allentown, PA
- 1997 First Night Bethlehem Art Exhibit, Bethlehem, PA
- 1996 PTSAE Juried Exhibition, Hardcastle Gallery, Wilmington, DE.
- 1995 Beginnings, An Open Juried Exhibition, Pearl S. Buck Foundation, Dublin, PA.
- 1995 PTSAE Annual Juried Exhibition, The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA.
- 1993 Currents in Electronic Imaging, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA.
- 1993 Memento Mori: Remembering In The Age Of AIDS, Open Space Gallery, Allentown PA.
- 1993 Outdoor Sculpture 1993, Penn State Berks Campus, Reading, PA.
- 1991 DADA/DATA, Fine Arts Gallery, University of Maryland Baltimore County, MD.
- 1991 Outdoor Sculpture 1991, Penn State Berks Campus, Reading PA.
- 1990 Visual AIDS: A community invitation in response to the AIDS crisis, Open Space Gallery, Allentown, PA.
- 1990 Outdoor Sculpture 1990. Penn State Berks Campus, Reading, PA.
- 1989 Berks Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition, Reading, PA. By invitation.
- 1989 Artware: Artists Bookworks. A Space Gallery, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 1988 Group Show, Open Space Gallery, Allentown, PA. By invitation.
- 1988 Musikfest, A Citywide Arts Festival, Bethlehem, PA.
- 1988 Book Design: Practical and Provocative, American Institute of Graphic Arts and the Painted Bride Arts Center, Philadelphia, PA. By invitation.
- 1988 Artists Who Teach, Muhlenberg College Center for the Arts, Allentown, PA. By invitation.
- 1986 20th Juried Exhibition, Allentown Art Museum, PA
- 1986 The Artist and the Computer III, Louisville Art Gallery, Louisville, KY. By invitation.
- 1985 New Art/New Tech, Gallery of Contemporary Art, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, CO.
- 1985-87 The Artist and the Computer II, organized by the Louisville Art Gallery, Louisville, KY. This exhibit traveled to galleries and museums throughout the Southeast for two years.
- 1984 Celebration '84, Allentown Art Center, Allentown, PA.
- 1984 19th Juried Exhibition, Allentown Art Museum, Allentown, PA.
- 1983 Art and Technology, Lehigh University Art Galleries, Bethlehem, PA. By invitation.
- 1982 Art by Computer and Video, Hansen Gallery, New York City, NY. By invitation.
- 1981 Art by Psychologists, American Psychological Association, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1979 Penn State Salute to the Arts, Pennsylvania State University, Reading, PA. By invitation.
- 1978 Group Exhibition, 112 Workshop, New York City, NY. By invitation.
- 1977 Portrait of the Sun Inn, Kemerer Museum, Bethlehem, PA. .
My earlier work was shown at the Norfolk Art Museum (VA), the Arkep Gallery (NYC) and the Chautauqua Art Association (NY) among others. It is in a variety of private collections.
| installations | exhibits
| errata | contact
George K. Shortess. All rights reserved.