Wei-Min Huang's Home Page
Email: wh02 at lehigh.edu
Department of Mathematics
14 E. Packer Avenue
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015
Thu Jul 28 12:12:45 EDT 1994 at Lehigh University.
To contact me, send e-mail to wh02 at Lehigh.EDU, or click
if your web server supports forms. Click for Lehigh's
page or for
Lehigh Mathematics Department
- Semiparametric modeling, information and efficiency in
- Information based statistical inference, approximate
entropy and applications.
- Statistical applications of nonparametric density estimation.
- Goodness-of-fit statistics based on kernel
- Sample size determination for estimating binomial parameter with
- Bioinformatics, multiple comparisons.
- On effective score estimation, 1983 Mathematical Sciences Lecture
Serieson Adaptive Inference, Johns Hopkins University.
- Parameter estimation when there are nuisance functions,Technical
Report (ONR, N00014-76-C-0001), 1982, U. of Rochester.
- Information and asymptotic efficiency in parametric and
non-parametric models, PART I: the parametric component, with J.M.
Begun, W.J. Hall, and Jon A. Wellner, 1982, Technical Report (ONR/CNA
5-9155), University of Rochester.
- Characterizations of limiting distributions of regular estimates
when there are nuisance functions, Bull. Inst. Math. Statist., Vol 11,
#62, 1982. Volterra integral equation was introduced in the study of
the efficiency of semiparametric models.
- Information and asymptotic efficiency in parametric-nonparametric
models, with J.M. Begun, W.J. Hall, and Jon A. Wellner, Annals of
Statistics, 11, 432-452, 1983.
- Some asymptotic results for the estimation of relative risk,
Bull. Inst. Math. Statist., Vol 13, #76, 1984.
- On effective score estimation in semiparametric models, Bull.
Inst. Math. Statist., Vol.14, #81, 1985.
- A note on the estimation of interval failure rates, Tamkang
Journal of Mathematics, 16, No. 4, 59-66, 1985.
- Estimating a distribution via effective score (complete and
incomplete data), International Statistical Symposium Volumes, Vol. 1,
- A characterization of limiting distributions of estimators in an
autoregressive process, Annals of Institute of Statistical Mathematics,
Vol. 39, No. 1, 25-32, 1986.
- A nonparametric likelihood ratio test, Proceedings of Statistical
Computing, ASA, 96-101, 1987.
- Parametric or Nonparametric, Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on
the teaching of Statistics, 1987.
- Density estimation and an adaptive test, Proceedings of the
Symposium on Interface of Computer Science & Statistics, 1987.
- A note on induced martingales by Markov chains, Tamkang Journal
of Mathematics, Vol. 19, No. 4, 51-55, 1988.
- Large deviations and estimation in infinite-dimensional models,
with W.J. Hall, Statistics & Probability Letters, 6, 433-439, 1988.
- Asymptotic theorems for estimating the distribution function
under random truncation, Annals of Institute of Statistical
Mathematics, with W.Y. Tsai, Vol. 40, No. 3, 541-553, 1988.
- Permutation tests for comparing two regressions, Proceedings of
Statistical Computing, ASA, 1989.
- Using FTIR/ATR sensors for on-line process control solution to
the calibration/predicton problem with errors in the independent
variables, with Janice A. Phillips and John C. Alberti, Pittsburgh
Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, 1990.
- A Monte-Carlo study of a kernel-based goodness-of-fit test, with
B.K. Ghosh, Modeling and Simulation, Vol. 21, 77-81, 1990.
- The power and optimal kernel of the Bickel-Rosenblatt test for
goodness of fit, with B.K. Ghosh, Annals of Statistics, 19, 999-1009,
- Optimum bandwidths and kernels for estimating certain
discontinuous densities, Annals of Institute of Statistical
Mathematics, with B.K. Ghosh, Vol. 44, No. 3, 563-577, 1992.
- Approximate entropy: statistical properties and applications,
with Steve Pincus, Communication in Statistics, A, 21(11), 3061-3077,
- Evaluating correlation with proper bounds, with W.J. Shih,
Biometrics, 48, 1207-1213, 1992.
- Hardy-littlewood inequalities and bounds for correlation,
International Joint Statistical Conference, 1993.
- Fixed width estimation of the binomial parameter, with B.K.
Ghosh, IMS Workshop: Directions in Sequential Analysis, University of
North Carolina, Chapel Hill, June 18-19, 1994.
- Temporal behavior between the packet loss bursts in ATM networks,
with Qiyi Zhu, IEEE, Networks 1995, H8061, 337-341.
- A study of temporal behavior between the packet loss bursts in
packet switched systems, with Qiyi Zhu and Joseph Kneuer, IEEE ICC'95,
Seattle, WA, June 1995.
- Normality of the forward series, with Larry Taylor, Energy
Research Center, 1999.
- Bootstraps on the GRACH Models, Business and Economics
Statistics, with K-Y. Kwon, 257-265, 1999.
- Exact mean and variance of Bickel-Rosenblatt goodness-of-fit
statistics, Proceedings of Statistical Computing, ASA, 2002.
- The sample size for estimating the binomial parameter with a
given margin error, with B.K. Ghosh, Crossing Boundaries: Statistical
Essays in Honor of Jack Hall, 165-182, IMS Lecture Notes-Monograph
Series, Vol. 43, 2003.
- On tests for proportion, Proceedings of Statistical Computing,
- On tests for Proportion II, Proceedings of Statistical Computing,
- Using Maple to teach Markov chains, Proceedings of Maple
Conference, 461-470, 2005.
- Iterated BH procedure, Proceedings of Statistical Computing, ASA,
- Bone growth in zebrafish fins occurs via multiple pulses of cell
proliferation, with.Jain, I., Stroka, C., Yan, J.and Iovine,
M.K., Developmental Dynamics, 236: 2668-2674, 2007.
- “Wrapped-Around KS Type Statistics”, jointly with Huiyu Qian,
Section on Statistical Computing – JSM 2009 Proceedings, pages 879-886.
- “More on the Estimation of True Positive Rate in FDR Study”,
jointly with Ping-Shi Wu, Section on Nonparametric Statistics - JSM
2009 Proceedings, pages 5093-5097.
- “Milk, Dairy Fat, and Body Weight in Pediatrics: time for
reappraisal”, ICAN, jointly with Dr. Arnold Slyper, 2009, pages 148 –
- “Discussion on Life and Work of Bhaskar Kumar Ghosh”,
ICAN, jointly with Bennett Eisenberg, 2010, Sequential Analysis –
- Increased hunger and speed of eating in obese children and adolescents,
Jointly with Arnold H Slyper, Kim Kopfer, and Yochai Re’em, JPEM.2013.0465.
- Acanthosis nigricans, vitamin D, and insulin resistance in obese children and adolescents,
jointly with Arnold H. Slyper, Laurissa Kashmer, and Yochai Re’em, Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology
and Metabolism, July 2014.
- Fatty liver disease, glucose tolerance and insulin resistance in obese adolescents, jointly with
Slyper AH, Rosenberg H, Kabra A, Blech B, and Matsumura MM , Pediatr Obes. 2014 Dec 17.
- New and Fast Block Bootstrap-Based Prediction Intervals for GARCH(1,1) Process with Application to Exchange
Rates, jointly with BH. & U. Beyaztas and S. Bandyopadhyay, Sankhya A: The Indian Journal of Statistics, 2017,
- DBD plasma-assisted ethanol steam reforming for green H2 production: Process optimization through
response surface methodology (RSM), Guoqiang Cao, Yue Xiao, Wei-Min Huang, Chien-Hua Chen,Jonas Baltrusaitis,
International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2022.
- Principal Component Analysis (PCA) unravels spectral components present in XPS spectra of complex oxide films on iron foil,
Neal Fairley, Pascal Bargiela, Wei-Min Huang, Jonas Baltrusaitis, Applied Surface Science Advances, 2023.
- Random field calibration with data on irregular grid for regional analyses: A case study on the bare carrying capacity of bats in Africa,
Sena Mursel, Daniel Conus, Wei-Min Huang, Javier Buceta, Paolo Bocchini, Ecology and Evolution, 2023.
- Comparison of strategies for the optimal sampling of random functions (2023)
14th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil
Engineering, ICASP14. Sena Mursel, Daniel Conus, Wei-Min Huang, Manuel Miranda, and
Overview of My
Statistics & Related Courses at Lehigh
Probability & Statistics Courses Related Links:
Laboratories in Probability and Statistics
Probability & Statistics Resources
Data Analysis: Inferring From Data
Data and Story Library
To contact me, send e-mail to wh02 at Lehigh.EDU.
To return to Lehigh's home page, click here.
Professor, Department of Mathematics