Orientation Leader Application
Orientation Leaders are student role models who serve a vital role in the transition of our first-year and transfer students into the Lehigh community. OLs are dedicated leaders who possess strong communication skills, a desire to be part of team, and pride in Lehigh University. Orientation Leaders work with a small group of first-year students throughout the August Orientation program as well as the fall semester. This is a great way to get involved, meet new friends and make a difference!
Each fall semester we start to recruit staff for the following August. Our staff consists of students from all the colleges and who are involved in a variety of campus activities and organizations.
Orientation Leaders are expected to attend all of Spring and August training. This year's training dates are:
- Wednesday, February 13, 6:30-8:30pm
- Sunday, February 17, All Day Retreat
- Wednesday, February 27 6:30-8:30pm
- Wednesday, March 27, 6:30-8:30pm
- Wednesday, April 10, 6:30-8:30pm
- Wednesday, April 24, 6:30-8:30pm
Orientation Leaders will move on to Campus on Friday, August 16, 2013.
August training will begin on Saturday, August 17, 2013.
*All Dates and Times subject to change
Qualifications to be an OL...
Current full-time student with a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA
You must be in good standing with the University, e.g. not on disciplinary probation
Responsibilities of an OL...
- Lead a small group of 20-22 first-year students throughout the Orientation program
- Facilitate conversations on transition issues
- Role model appropriate academic and social behaviors to incoming students
- Attend spring and August training sessions prior to orientation. ALL TRAINING IS REQUIRED!
- Work with a team of 70 Orientation Leaders and 7 Orientation Coordinators
- Read the selected book for the Summer Reading Program
- Co-Faciitate the 8 session evoLUtion seminar and training sessions
during Fall 2013
- Maintain your GPA
- Communicate with parents and family members of new students
- Have fun!
- Opportunity to mentor a group of first-year students
- A chance to strengthen your communications skills
- Participate in multiple teambuilding experiences
- Work with numerous leaders on campus
- Gain a better understanding of Lehigh University and its organizational structure
- Network with various University faculty, staff and administrators
- Receive a one-of-a-kind Orientation t-shirt
- Lots of FREE food
- NEW FRIENDS!
- A plethora of memories!
First Time OLs CLICK HERE to apply
Returning OLs CLICK HERE to apply