The Lehigh University Center for Community Engagement (CCE) assists Lehigh’s faculty, staff, and students who are involved with service-learning classes or community-based research projects, mobilizes university-community partnerships to address societal challenges, promotes knowledge and research for the common good, and helps cultivate engaged citizens.
The CCE will serve as the central hub to which all faculty, staff, students, and community partners should feel engaged with and supported by in order to conduct community-engaged learning, projects, and research.
1. To support collaborative university-community
partnerships built on trust and reciprocity.
2. To promote, support, conduct, and disseminate research and creation of new knowledge/best practices through and on community-engaged research.
3. To develop and implement a model of best practices for the university in its pursuit of positive, reciprocal community engagement and scholarship.
4. To connect, value, and respect the knowledge and expertise that exists within Lehigh and our community partners.
5. To be intentional in our engagement and value of diverse perspectives and experiences.
Sarah Stanlick, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Community Engagement
Professor of Practice, Sociology and Anthropology
Director, Global Citizenship Program
Williams Hall 020
Bethlehem, PA 18015-3181