Students with a Bachelor of Science degree in any engineering discipline (including Material Science and Computer Science), physics, or mathematics may apply to this program. Admitted students may be required to take additional courses to improve specific academic deficiencies before starting this program. For example, students must have had equivalent coursework in the areas of physics, chemistry, and differential equations.
• Applicants should have earned a Bachelor's of Science degree (B.S.) or equivalent (eg., A.B.) and an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 out of 4.00.
Minimum course requirements include:
• 2 years of calculus, through differential equations
• One year of physics
The GRE general test is required for all applicants. The GRE requirement may be waived for Lehigh engineering graduates if their GPA is at or above 3.0. The program requires GRE scores to be in the 75th percentile or greater.
CHECKLIST FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
Applicants must apply directly to the Energy Systems Engineering Program. A complete application consists of:
• Completed Graduate Engineering Online Application for Admission;
• Official transcripts from all post-secondary education institutions attended;
• $75 application fee;
• Two letters of recommendation;
• Official GRE scores (Lehigh code: 2365)
Click for online application
For prospective students wishing to receive financial aid through the ESE program, the deadline for applications to the program is January 15.
All other applications are due by May 15. The program begins in early July each year.
Please contact the Energy Systems Engineering Program with any questions:
Ms. Susan Kanarek
Energy Systems Engineering