Lehigh sophomore Jennifer Markham has been busy in the classroom and on the cross-country trail. But she hasn't shown any indication of hitting the wall.
The chemical engineering major was recognized for achievements in both this month as Patriot League Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
Markham was successful on the course this fall, topping all Lehigh runners (and finishing fourth overall) at the Patriot League Championship and Penn State National.
She remains near-perfect in the classroom as well, posting a 3.93 overall grade point average through her time at Lehigh, including two trips to the Dean's List.
Three other Lehigh cross-country athletes were also recognized by the conference for their contributions in both athletics and academics:
- Graduate student Rosie Roessel, alongside Markham, was named to the Academic All-Patriot League team. Roessel, who earned a 3.8 GPA as a Lehigh undergrad in mathematics, currently carries a perfect 4.0 GPA in energy systems engineering.
- Lehigh men's cross country senior and bioengineering major Tyler Mueller, and chemical engineering sophomore Evan Hardy were named to the Academic All-Patriot League team. Mueller has currently carries a cumulative GPA of 3.23 and Hardy earning a 3.7 GPA through his first two semesters.
- Department Website: Chemical Engineering
- Department Website: Energy Systems Engineering
- Department Website: Bioengineering
- Lehigh Athletics: Markham named Scholar-Athlete of the Year, two win Academic All-League
- Athlete Profile: Jennifer Markham
- Athlete Profile: Rosie Roessel
- Athlete Profile: Tyler Mueller
- Athlete Profile: Evan Hardy