A group of national leaders chose Lehigh as the venue for the annual Council of Competitiveness event, to discuss manufacturing and innovation and how to make the United States a more competitive player in the global market. This year’s event was entitled “Leveraging the Talent Development Process to Drive Innovation” The council focused on STEM and manufacturing education.
The Council of Competitiveness brings CEOs, university presidents and labor leaders together to identify ways to increase America’s competitiveness in the global industry. The event was hosted by Alice P. Gast, Lehigh President and John E. McGlade ‘76, President and CEO of Air Products (both pictured right) and university trustee. Speakers included EAC member Vincent A Forlenza ‘75 and Tim Marks ‘04.
Read the full story in the Lehigh Alumni Bulletin.
- Lehigh Alumni Bulletin: For manufacturing, a dose of innovation
- Website: Leveraging the Talent Development Process to Drive Innovation
- Lehigh University Biography: Alice Gast, President, Lehigh University
- Distinguished Alumni: John E. McGlade
- Engineering Advisory Council: Vincent A Forlenza ‘75
- Official Website: Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.