Mark Sarkisian ‘85G will be the featured guest speaker this week at the 2013 Engineers Week Banquet in the Lehigh Valley. The distinguished Lehigh alum, now Director of seismic and structural engineering at San Francisco-based Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, will discuss "Civil Engineering and the Future of the Environment" Friday night, February 22, at the Holiday Inn in Fogelsville, Pennsylvania.
Sarkisian has designed over 100 major building projects around the world, including the U.S. Embassy in Beijing, the NBC Tower in Chicago and most recently, his firm’s designs for the world’s tallest building – the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
Throughout his career, Sarkisian placed an emphasis on innovative structural engineering solutions for projects. He is licensed to practice civil/structural engineering across 16 states and is the author of Designing Tall Buildings – Structure as Architecture.
Sarkisian also teaches a class that includes students from across several universities, including, Stanford University, Cal Berkeley, Cal Poly and the California College of the Arts.
- LVB: Designer of tall buildings to speak at annual banquet
- Lehigh CoE Distinguished Alum: Mark Sarkisian
- Engineers Week Banquet in the Lehigh Valley 2013
- Presentation Topic: "Civil Engineering and the Future of the Environment" (PDF)
- Book: Designing Tall Buildings – Structure as Architecture
- Official Website: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP