Department: Industrial and Systems Engineering
Position: Assistant Professor
Address: Harold S. Mohler Laboratory
200 West Packer Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Areas of Research
- Big Data
- Multi-threaded Applications
- Analysis of Algorithms and Complexity
- Grid Computing/Large Scale Computation
- Mathematical Optimization and Modeling
- Signal Processing Algorithms
- Robust, Stochastic, and Computational Optimization
- Artificial Intelligence
- Image Processing, Graphics, and Data Fusion
- Machine Learning
- Pattern Recognition
Dr. Martin Takac joined the ISE Department Fall 2014 as an Assistant Professor and will teach operations research, optimization, computing and analytics classes.
Martin completed his Ph.D. in Operations Research from the School of Mathematics, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom. Martin has been very active in developing collaborators around the world and as such has had opportunity to work with several leading young researchers in the field during his extended academic visits to the University of Chicago/Toyota Technological Institute, the Simons Institute in Berkeley and SUTD in Singapore.
Martin has worked in the "hot" area of Big Data, optimization and machine learning. Martin has great expertise in high performance computing and the ability to develop theoretical methods for big data and then implement them in practice.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, The University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom), 2014
- M.S., Mathematics, Comenius University (Slovakia), 2010
- B.S., Mathematics, Comenius University (Slovakia), 2008