Department: Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics
Address: Packard Lab
19 Memorial Dr. West
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Areas of Research
- Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, and Transport Phenomena
- Fluid/Structure Interaction
- Mechanical Engineering
Professor Oztekin and his students conduct research on the fundamental steady/unsteady flow and heat transfer in Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, linear and nonlinear stability, flow transitions, nonlinear dynamics of viscoelastic flows, unsteady swirling and shearing flows, flows in a porous medium.
Prior to his appointment to the Lehigh faculty in 1994, Oztekin served as a postdoctoral research associate at MIT. He is a member of the Society of Rheology, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, the American Physical Society, and Pi Tau Sigma. He is recipient of the Spira Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Pi Tau Sigma Teacher of Year Award.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Arizona
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Istanbul