Address: Iacooca Hall D219
111 Research Drive
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Areas of Research
- Computational Bioengineering
- Modeling of Biological Systems
- Molecular Bioengineering
Research in Wonpil Im's group is focused on the applications of theoretical/computational methods to chemical and physical problems in biology and material science.
Specific research interests are:
- Protein/peptide interactions with/in biological membranes
- Transmembrane-induced signaling and regulation
- NMR structure calculation & refinement
- Modeling and simulation of glycoconjugates (GlycanStructure.org)
- Bacterial outer membranes and interactions with proteins
- Protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions (G-LoSA)
In addition, Im and his group are involved in developing the biomolecular simulation program CHARMM and its user interface CHARMM-GUI as well as ST-analyzer, a general graphical user interface toolset for simulation trajectory analysis.