On 04/15/2016, Scott Turner and Rajeev Kulkarni from 3D Systems visited Liu's lab and were impressed by recent additive manufacturing techniques developed in the lab.
2016 Our group received an NSF I-Corps grant to commercialize the nanomedicine chip under the company name PharmaFlux.
- Highlighted by Phys.org titled as "Mimicking a blood vessel to create a 'bridge' to better medicine and precision treatment"
- Highlighted by genengnews.com titled as "Biomimetic Blood Vessel Is Drug Discovery's Bridge to Precision Medicine"
- Reported by nanowerk.com titled as "A biomimetic 'bridge' to precision medicine"
2015-2016 Our CTC capture research was featured on:
- Resovle Magzine titled as "In pursuit of the deadly tumor cell"
- Allentown Morning Call titled as "Lehigh professor develops blood test for cancer"
- Lehigh University Engineering News titled as "Professor wins NSF award for cancer cell study"
08/2013 Our work is reported by Lehigh News titled as 'Researchers advance the art of drug testing'
4/2012 Our nanomedicine research was featured on Resovle Magzine titled as 'Sending a rocket to the site of a cancer'
6/2011 ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, PA
02/2010, Dr. Liu was interviewed by a journalist and our DNA work was featured on the focus of the
Fortworth Business Press.
01/2010, Annas Shah and Antony Tomas joined BNF Lab.
12/2009, Dr. Liu is selected as the "Phi Kappa Phi
Recognized Professor" by the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
undergraduate and graduate students considering the one
faculty member who made the most profound impact on their
12/2009, Jifu Tan receives a CONTACT student travel grant,
12/2009, Our paper features
Applied Physics Letters
12/2009, Abhijit Ramachandran defended his M.S. defense and
got M.S. degree, Congratulations, Abhijit!
12/2009, Abhijit Ramachandran is selected as the University
Scholar ( highest academic award offered by the University
for the top 1% student), Way to go, Abhijit!
Dr. Liu receives National Science Foundation(NSF) CAREER Award
08/2009, Samar Shah is selected to receive a NSF Fellowship,
Way to go, Samar!
08/2009, Samar Shah defended his M.S. defense and got M.S.
degree, Congratulations, Samar!
08/2009, Jifu Tan and Qingjiang Guo joined BNF Lab
06/2009, Manohara joined BNF Lab
05/2009, Dr. Liu receives
Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award from
Oak Ridge Associated Universities
03/2009, Abhijit Ramachandran's poster received Dean's
poster award in ACES poster presentation
08/2008, Dr. Liu receives Research Enhancement Program Award