Working with graduate students is often the
most rewarding part of the job. Here is a list of the doctoral and
master's students I serve as dissertation/thesis adviser.
- Michael Chang, Ph.D. (1990) (on the faculty
of Yuan-Tze Institute of Technology, Taiwan)
Topic: " An On-Line Rescheduling
Algorithm for Maintaining Efficiency and Stability of Failure
Prone Manufacturing Systems"
- Jorge Leon, Ph.D., (1991) (on the faculty
of Texas A&M University)
Topic: "Game Theoretic Control and Robust Scheduling of Job-Shops
in the Presences of Disruptions"
- Eui-Seok Byeon, Ph.D. (1993) (on the faculty
of SunMoon University, Korea)
Topic: "Graph-Theoretic Decomposition and Robust Scheduling
Methods for Job Shops Under Random Disturbances"
- I.-K. Park, Ph.D. (1993) Co-Chaired with
R.H.Storer (Korean Navy Commander)
Topic: "Problem Space Search for Sequencing Type Problems"
- Michale Bartolacci, Ph.D. (1995) (on the
faculty of Pennsylvania State University)
Topic: "An Adaptable Routing Optimization Model for Communication
Networks Subject to Traffic Fluctuation and Component Failures"
- Jewel Bonser, Ph.D. (1996) (on the technical
staff of Pennsylvania Power and Light)
Topic: A Procurement Planning Optimization Model Integrating Strategic
Planning with Dynamic Short Term Decisions"
- Kedar Naphade , Ph.D. (1997) (Co-Chaired
with R.H. Storer) (Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies)
Topic: "Combinatorial Optimization with the Presence of Decision
- Mary Meixell, Ph.D. (1998) (on the faculty
of Quinnipiac University)
Topic: "Modeling Demand Behavior in Manufacturing Supply
- Erhan Kutanoglu, Ph.D. (1999) (on the faculty
of University of Texas, Austin)
Topic: "Distributed Resource Scheudling: Optimization Models,
Euqilibrium Conditions and Incentive Compatible Mechanisms"
- Hakan Gobashi, Ph.D. (2001) (on the technical
staff of ESRI Geographical Information Systems, Redlands, CA)
Topic: "Supply Chain Coordination: Optimization And Game-Theoretic
- Kadir Ertogral, Ph.D. (2001) (on the faculty
of theTOBB University of Economics and Technology, Turkey)
Topic: "Coordinating Supply Chain In Decentralized Environments:
Optimization, Auction and Bargaining-Theoretic Models"
- Suleyman Karabuk, Ph.D. (2002) (on the faculty
of University of Oklahoma)
Topic: "Coordinating Capacity Decisions for The High-Tech
- Mingzhou Jin, Ph.D. (2002), (on the faculty
of On the faculty of University of Tennessee at Knoxville)
Topic: "Game Theoretic Analysis for Supply Chain Coordination:
Modeling Electronic Intermediation, Coalition Formation, and Capacity
- Murate Erkoc, Ph.D. (2002), (on the faculty
of University of Miami)
Topic: "Due-Date, Capacity, and Inventory Coordination in
High-Tech Manufacturing Supply Chains: Game Theoretic Analysis
- Serkan Ozkan, Ph.D. (2004), (on the Technical
Staff of United Airlines)
Topic: ""Competitive Equilibrium Analysis of Repeated Procurement
- Berrin Aytac, Ph.D. (2009),(On the faculty of TOBB
University of Economics and Technology, Turkey)
Topic: "Characterizing Demand Uncertainty in High-Tech Environments:
Models, Analysis, and Case Studies"
- Banu Gemici-Ozkan, Ph.D. (2009)(On the technical
staff of the Carnival Cruise Lines)
Topic: "Strategic Quandaries for High-Tech Contract Manufacturers:
Analysis and Decision Models"
- M. Atan Ph.D. (2010), (On the technical staff of ASML, Netherlands) Topic: “Supply-Demand Planning in High Tech Industries: Models, Algorithms, and Case Studie"
(listed by research areas)
F.-C. Liu (1996), Koichi Tsuruta (1995), Phil Brennan (1994),Kevin
O'sullivan (1993*), K. Garland (1992), Jack Lojko (1988), Dan
Zenzel, Jr. (1988)
- Combinatorial Optimization
B. Marjan (1992),N. Gupta (1991*),R. Vacarri (1990*)
H. Gobashi (1996), S.-Y. Tsen (1992)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Shahabuddin (2004), R. Barbiari (2001), J. Green (1999), E. M.
Feit (1998), R. Christie (1997), N. Al-Refai (1996), K. Zeithammer
(1996*), B. Doshi (1996*), K. Luton (1989), L. Byrd (1995), M.G.
Zhang (1988), J.C. Fu (1989)