SAMIR A. KHABBAZ
Professor Emeritus of
Mathematics at Lehigh University
* BA, Bethel College, 1954
* M.A., University of Kansas, 1956
* Ph.D., University of Kansas, 1960
Research Interests: Algebra, Topology and Differential
- On a Theorem of
Bendixon, with G. Rayna. Lehigh University Research Report,
- Singular solutions as semi-algebra sets: The singular solutions
of generic first order differential equations. Contemporary
Mathematics, Vol. 131, 1992, Part I, pp. 571-590.
- Optimal Locations, with B. Eisenberg, The College Mathematics
Journal, Vol. 23, No. 4, 1992, pp. 82-89.
- Countable Rings as Endomorphism Rings, with M. Dugas and J. M.
Irwin. Quarterly Journal Math. Oxford (2), 39, 1988, pp. 201-211.
- Submodules of Direct Products, with J. M. Irwin. Commentarii
Mathematici, Universitatis Sancti Pauli, Vol. 36, No. 2, 1987, pp.
- A Triangulation theorem for primary Abelian groups, with G.
Rayna. Commentarii Mathematici, Universitatis Sancti Pauli, Vol. 35,
No. 2, 1986, pp. 165-173.
- Resolving the singularities of differential equations: Sheaf
theoretic approach. The journal of Differential Equations. Lead article
of Sept. 30 issue of Vol. 58 #3, pp. 283-295, 1985.
- Nondegenerate critical points of deficiency one, with E. Pitcher,
Proc. of the Liverpool Singularities Symposium I., p. 271,
Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Math., #92, N.Y., 1971.
- The role of the tensor product in the splitting of Abelian
groups, with J. M. Irwin and G. Rayna, The Journal of Algebra, Vol. 14,
No. 4, 1970.
- On a submodule of Ext., with J. M. Irwin and G. Rayna, The
Journal of Algebra, Vol. 19, No. 4, 1971.
- The Morse inequalities for line bundles, The Journal of the
Australian Math. Soc., Vol. XI, Part 3, 1970.
Professor Samir Khabbaz
Dept. of Mathematics
Bethlehem, PA 18015