Manoj K. Chaudhury
Franklin J. Howes Jr. Distinguished Professor
Department of Chemical Engineering
Advisor: Professor Robert J. Good
Advisor: Professor Shinpei Ohki
– Present: Professor, Department
of Chemical Engineering,
– 2000: Associate
Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering,
– 2004: Director of the
1991 – 1993: Senior Research Specialist, Dow Corning Corporation. Promoted to Associate Scientist in 1993.
1987 – 1991: Research Specialist, Dow Corning Corporation.
1984 – 1987: Project Engineer, Dow Corning Corporation.
1. Victor K. LaMer Award for the best Ph.D. thesis in Colloid and Surface Science, American Chemical Society (1986).
2. Herbert D. Doan Award for Excellence in Research, an award named after and presented by the former CEO of the Dow Chemical Co. (1988).
3. Adhesion Society’s Award for Excellence in Adhesion Science, sponsored by 3M (2005).
4. Ingenuity Award for Distinguished Faculty (engineering college’s highest annual award given to a faculty member based on distinguished research, teaching and service), P. C. Rossin College of Engineering, Lehigh University (2005).
5. Honored by the Journal of Adhesion with special collections of papers (2005).
6. Elected Fellow of the American Physical Society (2006).
J. Howes Jr. Distinguished Professorship,
9. Chair of Gordon Conference on the Science of Adhesion (2002).
10. Sigma Xi Best Paper Award (with collaborators from Dow Corning Corp.), Midland Chapter (1998).
paper Award (with K. Vorvolakos) at the International Symposium on Marine
12. An Outstanding Paper Award (with Jiong Liu and collaborators from Boeing Airplane Co), Society of Advanced Materials and Process Eng. Fall Technical Conference (2005).
· Editorial Activities
1. Associate Editor of Biointerphases
2. Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology.
1. "Method of Bonding a Cured Silicone Elastomer to the Integrated Circuit in Electronic Packaging", M. K. Chaudhury, Y. J. Lee, B. Parbhoo, A. J. Goodwin, U.S Patent # 973498.
2. “Self-Adhering Polyorgano-siloxane Elastomer Compositions and Methods of Preparing the Same”, M. K. Chaudhury and J. H. Gaul, U.S. Patent # 4737562.
Spatulated Fibrillar Adhesion Array”, N. Glassmaker, M. Chaudhury and A.
· Publications (link to all publications)
Created on Thu Aug 14 11:45:06 EDT 2003 on Lehigh University's Web Server.
contact me, send electronic mail to
Last Modified: Feb 28 2007.