Disclaimer Publications downloaded from this website are to be used for educational purposes only. To obtain an official copy of any of these articles, contact the individual publishers.
1. “Adhesion Science and Engineering”, Edited by A. V. Pocius and M. K. Chaudhury, published by Elsevier (2002).
· Drop Motion, Drop Ratchets, Spreading, Fluidics
11. “Determination of Contact Angles and Pore Sizes of Porous Media by Column and Thin Layer Wicking”, C. J. van Oss, R. F. Geise, Z. Li, K. Murphy, J. Norris, M. K. Chaudhury and R. J. Good, J. Adhesion Sci. Tech., 6, 413 (1992).
12. “Spreading Kinetics of Liquid Drop on Macro-rough Surfaces”, J. Liu and M. K. Chaudhury (under preparation).
· Instability, Pattern Formation, and Adhesion in Soft Materials
14. “Confinement-induced instability and adhesive failure between dissimilar thin elastic films”, J. Y. Chung, K. H. Kim, M. K. Chaudhury, J. Sarkar, and A. Sharma, European Physical Journal E: Soft Matter, 20, 47 (2006).
· Contact Mechanics
29. “Direct Measurement of Interfacial Interactions Between Semispherical Lenses and Flat Sheets of Polydimethylsiloxane and Their Chemical Derivatives”, M. K. Chaudhury and G. M. Whitesides, Langmuir, 7, 1013 (1991).
· Tribology of Soft Polymers
30. “Molecular Origins of Elastomeric Friction”, S. Sills, K. Vorvolakos, M. K. Chaudhury, R. M. Overney, in "Nanotribology: Friction and Wear on the Atomic Scale", E. Gnecco and E. Meyer (eds), Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany, 659-676 (2007).
34. “The Mechanism of Adhesive Release”, K. Vorvolakos and M. K. Chaudhury. Microstructure and Microtribology, Chapter 5, Ed: V. Tsukruk and K. Wahl, (2000).
· Surface Modification/Interfacial Engineering
42. “The Orientation of Semifluorinated Alkanes Attached to Polymers at the Surface of Polymer Films”, J. Genzer, E., Sivaniah, E. J. Kramer, J. Wang, H. Korner, X. Maoliang, S. Yang, C. K. Ober, K. Char, M. K. Chaudhury, B. M. Dekoven, R. A. Bubeck, D. A. Fischer, and S. Sambasivan, Macromolecules, 33, 1882 (2000).
43. “Surface Properties of Thin Films of Polydimethylsiloxane” H. She, M. K. Chaudhury and M. J. Owen, in Silicones and Silicone Modified Materials, Ch. 21, P. 322, Ed: S. Clarson, J. Fitzgarald, M. J. Owen, ACS Symposium Series 729, Oxford University Press (2000).
46. “Monolayers on Disordered Substrates: Self-Assembly of Alkyltrichlorosilanes on Surface-Modified Polyethylene and Poly(dimethylsoloxane)”, G. S. Ferguson, M. K. Chaudhury, H. A. Biebuyck and G. M. Whitesides, Macromolecules, 26, 5870 (1993).
· Molecular Kinetics, Fluctuations at Adhesive Interfaces
· Kinetics of Hydrophobicity Loss and Recovery of Silicone Elastomers
52. “The Mechanisms of Hydrophobic Recovery of Polydimethylsiloxane Elastomers Exposed to Partial Electrical Discharge”, J. Kim, M. K. Chaudhury, M. J. Owen and T. Orbeck, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 244, 200 (2001).
53. “Hydrophobic Recovery of the Polydimethylsiloxane Elastomer Exposed to Partial Electrical Discharge”, J. S. Kim, M. K. Chaudhury and M. J. Owen Journal of Colloid Interface Science 226, 231 (2000).
· Environmentally Responsive Polymers
· Engineering Adhesive Interfaces, Environmental Stability of Adhesive Joints
56. “Fracture Behavior of an Epoxy/Aluminum interface Reinforced by Sol-Gel Coatings”, J. Liu, M. K. Chaudhury, D. H. Berry, J. E. Seebergh, J. H. Osborne, and K. Y. Blohowiak, J. Adhesion Sci. Tech. J. Adhesion Sci. Technol., 20 (4), 277 (2006).
57. “Effect of Surface Morphology on Crack Growth at a sol-gel reinforced Epoxy/Aluminum Interface”, J. Liu, M. K. Chaudhury, D. H. Berry, J. E. Seebergh, J. H. Osborne, and K. Y. Blohowiak, J. Adhesion, 82, 427 (2006).
60. “Secondary Neutral Mass Spectrometry Studies of Germanium-Silane Coupling Agent-Polymer Interfaces”, A. J. Gellman, B. M. Naasz, R. G. Schmidt, M. K. Chaudhury and T. M. Gentle, J. Adhesion Sci. Tech., 4, 597 (1990).
61. “Adhesion of Vapor Deposited Gold to Silane Primed Metal Surfaces”, M. K. Chaudhury and E. P. Plueddemann, J. Adhesion Sci. Tech., 1, 243 (1987).
62. “Study of Adhesion through Interdiffusion and IPN Formation in the Interfacial Regions of Composites”, M. K. Chaudhury, T. M. Gentle and E. P. Plueddemann, SPI, Composite Inst., Sect. 21-B, 1, (1987).
· Biomimetic Adhesion and Friction
· Adhesion and Adsorption in Biological Systems
68. “The influence of elastic modulus and thickness on the release of the soft-fouling green alga Ulva linza (syn. Enteromorpha linza) from poly(dimethylsiloxane) (PDMS) model networks”, M. K. Chaudhury, J. Y. Chung, J. A. Finlay, M. E. Callow, and J. A. Callow, Biofouling, 21, 41 (2005).
69. “The influence of surface energy on the wetting behaviour of the spore adhesive of the marine alga Ulva linza (syn. Enteromorpha linza)”, J. A. Callow, M. E. Callow, L. K. Ista, G. Lopez,and M. K. Chaudhury, J. Roy. Soc. Interfaces, 2, 329 (2005).
71. “Surface Properties and Heomocompatibility of Alkyl-Siloxane Monolayers Supported on Silicone Rubber: Effect of Alkyl Chain Length and Ionic Functionality”, Silver, J. H., Lin, J.-C., Tegoulia, V. A., Chaudhury, M. K. and Cooper, S. L., Biomaterials, 20 (17), 1533 (1999).
72. “Effect of Saline Exposure to the Surface and Bulk Properties of Medical Grade Silicone Elastomers”, J. J. Kennan, Y. A. Peters, D. E. Swarthour, M. J. Owen, A. Namkanisorn and M. K. Chaudhury, J. Biomed. Res., 36, 487 (1997).
73. “The Surface and Blood-Contacting Properties of Surface-Modified Silicone Rubber”, J. H. Silver, R. W. Hergenrother, J. C. Lin, F. Lim, H. B. Lin, T. Okada, M. K. Chaudhury and S. L. Cooper, J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 29, 535 (1995).
74. “Mechanism of DNA (southern) and Protein (western) Blotting on Cellulose Nitrate and Other Membranes”, C. J. van Oss, R. J. Good and M. K. Chaudhury, J. Chromatography, 391, 53 (1987).
75. “Nature of Antigen-Antibody Bonds: Primary and Secondary Bonds, Optimal Conditions for Association and Dissociation”, C. J. van Oss, R. J. Good and M. K. Chaudhury, J. Chromatography, (Biomedical Applications), 376, 111 (1986).
76. “The Role of van der Waals Forces and Hydrogen Bonds in Hydrophobic Interactions Between Biopolymers and Low Energy Surfaces”, C. J. van Oss, R. J. Good and M. K. Chaudhury, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 111, 378 (1986).
77. “Solubility of Proteins”, C. J. van Oss, R. J. Good and M. K. Chaudhury, J. Protein Chem., 5, 385 (1986).
78. “Surface Thermodynamic Properties, Chromatographic and Salting Out Behavior of IGA and Other Serum Proteins”, C. J. van Oss, R. J. Good, L. L. Moore and M. K. Chaudhury, J. Protein Chem., 4, 245 (1985).
· Various Surfaces and Interfaces
79. “Theory of Adhesive Forces Across Interfaces (2) Interfacial Hydrogen Bonds as Acid/Base 5. Phenomena and as Factors Enhancing Adhesion”, R. J. Good, M. K. Chaudhury and C. J. van Oss, Chapter 4, Fundamentals of Adhesion, Plenum Press, L. H. Lee (ed), (1991).
80. “Theory of Adhesive Forces Across Interfaces (1) The Lifshitz-van der Waals Forces of Interactions and Adhesion”, R. J. Good and M. K. Chaudhury, Chapter 3, Fundamentals of Adhesion, Plenum Press, L. H. Lee (ed), (1991).
81. “The Mechanism of Phase Separations of Polymers in Organic Media-Apolar and Polar Systems”, C. J. van Oss, M. K. Chaudhury and R. J. Good, Sep. Sci. Tech., 24, 15 (1989).
82. “Estimation of the Polar Parameters of the Surface Tensions of Water by Contact Angle Measurements on Gels”, C. J. van Oss, L. K. Ju, M. K. Chaudhury and R. J. Good, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 128, 313 (1989).
Interfacial Interactions, Hydration Pressure and Membrane Fusion”, C. J. van
Oss, M. K. Chaudhury and R. J. Good, in Membrane Fusion, S. Ohki, et. al
(eds.), Plenum Press,
86. “Determination of Hydrophobic Interaction Energy – Application to Separation Processes”, C. J. van Oss, R. J. Good and M. K. Chaudhury, Sep. Sci. Tech., 22, 1 (1987).
87. “The Mechanism of Partition in Aqueous Media”, C. J. van Oss, R. J. Good and M. K. Chaudhury, Sep. Sci. Tech., 22, 1515 (1987).
88. “Determination of the Apolar Component of the Surface Tension of Water by Contact Angle Measurements on Hydrogel”, C. J. van Oss, M. Roberts, R. J. Good and M. K. Chaudhury, Colloids and Surfaces, 23, 369 (1987).
89. “Hamaker Constant and the Dispersion Component of the Surface Tension of Liquid Mercury”, M. K. Chaudhury, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 119, 174 (1987).
90. “Monopolar Surfaces”, C. J. van Oss, M. K. Chaudhury and R. J. Good, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci., 28, 35 (1987) (Invited).
93. "Fundamentals of Adhesion", in Encyclopedia of Materials, E. J. Kramer and S. Mahajan, eds., Elsevier (2001).
94. “How Resin-Polymer Interactions Affect Silicone Release Coatings: Forcing the Issue”, G. V. Gordon, T. M. Leaym. M. J. Owen, M. S. Owen, S. V. Perz, J. L. Stasser, J. S. Tonge, M. K. Chaudhury, K. A. Vorvolakos and H. She, Adhesives Age, 43(4), 41 (2000).
Created on Thu Aug 14 11:45:06 EDT 2003 on Lehigh University's Web Server.
me, send electronic mail to
Last Modified: Feb 28 2007.