|About UBS||UBS Vision and Core Purpose||UBSi||News||Give Us Feedback|
Lehigh University Quote Submission Guidelines
In order for the University to fairly evaluate all proposals, it is important that certain key information is received. It is also important for all quotes/invoices/bid estimates to be structured in such a way as to clearly document the services and items being supplied, and sales tax collected by the supplier, if applicable. Submission of this information in a structured format will be helpful in evaluating quotes and processing purchase orders, if a bidder is awarded the work.
Quotes should be submitted to the address the requestor supplies. If you have questions, please contact Lehigh University's Purchasing Department at (610)758-3840. If a formal RFP is issued or other format is specified by the requesting personnel, please follow that format, but the information in Section III-Pricing, should ultimately be provided in some format.
The Purchasing Department recommends each quote submission to the University contains the following minimum information:
- Quotes should always reference pertinent supplier business information :
- Business name, address, phone, fax #
- Contact name, phone, fax #, e-mail
- Date of job start and job completion, if known
- Services being provided (labor)
# Hours X rate/hour, or the fixed price for the job, (e.g. include a standard rate schedule)
- Materials & products being provided – organized into 2 categories, with brief descriptions:
- Non-Taxable items
- Taxable items
(The determination of Taxable or Non-taxable is determined by the supplier)
- The Tax collected on the taxable items (see paragraph below)
- Delivery cost (if any)
- Warranty cost (if any)
- Rental costs (if any)
- Any other miscellaneous or related costs
- It is preferable to include a statement that the company is insured/licensed/bonded (as appropriate).
- If any certifications, training etc. are required, a statement that the personnel performing the work are properly certified, trained, etc. should be included.
Lehigh University is a non-profit entity, and as such is exempt from PA State sales tax for most purchases related to the University's mission of education and research. (PA tax exemption # 75-077897-7). By law, it is the supplier's obligation to collect PA sales tax. The University does, however, have an obligation to ascertain that the sales tax exemptions are properly applied by the suppliers To that end, it is important for all quotes/invoices/bid estimates to be structured in such a way as to clearly document the services and items being supplied, and tax (if any) collected. Your cooperation is appreciated.