|About UBS||UBS Themes||UBSi||News||Give Us Feedback|
Qualifications to Operate a University Vehicle
A University vehicle is defined as any vehicle owned, rented or leased by Lehigh University or any vehicle otherwise under the University's care, custody or control.
Operation of a Lehigh University vehicle is a privilege granted to an individual on a highly selective basis. In addition to the individual's current qualifications, that individual's actual driving experience is considered.
- To qualify as an operator of a University vehicle, the individual must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a salaried employee, faculty or staff, or be currently enrolled at Lehigh University as a full-time graduate or undergraduate student of at least 18 years of age.
- Be a part-time (wage) employee or part-time Lehigh graduate or undergraduate student of at least 21 years of age.
- Have a valid domestic driver's license and have at least two (2) years of driving experience in the United States or Canada.
- Complete a Driver Information Form, available on this web site under "Forms", and deliver it - in person - to the Transportation Services Office, 126 Goodman Drive, where a staff member will physically verify and photocopy the required driver's license.
- Have, and maintain, an acceptable driving record.
Due to the additional passengers involved, any person seeking to operate a vehicle designed to carry eight (8) or more passengers shall meet the following additional qualifications:
- Have a valid domestic driver's license and have at least three (3) years driving experience in the United States or Canada.
- Have successfully completed the prescribed Van Driver training course with proof of completion on file at the Transportation Services office.
Applicants who are at least 21 years of age and who have excellent driving records may have one year of the required domestic driving experience waived. (This applies to all vehicle types.)