Operational Information & Requests
NOTE: You need to be signed in to the HUB in order to access the following forms
- Event Planning Form
- Ulrich Student Center Office and Storage Space Request (for Student Senate Organizations)
- Student Clubs and Organizations Funding Request (Dean of Students funding request)
- Student Opportunity Fund Application (for individual student travel, sponsored by the Dean of Students Office)
- GoldPLUS Machine Reservation Form
The University's Transportation Services Department provides the Lehigh community with the following rental vehicles and services:
- 7 passenger mini-vans
- 5 passenger mid-size cars
- School bus (with driver)
All vehicle rentals (mini-van, car and school bus) must be arranged through the Transportation Services Department by the request of a University employee or department as students are not able to reserve vehicles on their own. Note that there is a charge to rent vehicles and buses. Please contact the Student Organizations Accounts Coordinator for current rental rates at email@example.com.
Vehicle Reservation Process
- Notify the Office of Student Activities that this event or trip is being planned by submitting an Event Planning Form.
- Vehicle reservations must be done through the on-line Vehicle Rental Request Form. Complete and submit this form.
- The Student Organization Accounts Coordinator reviews the request and forwards the information to Transportation Services to reserve your vehicle.
- The Transportation Services department confirms the rental.
- The Student Organization Accounts Coordinator contacts the student organization requesting the vehicle.
Let's make a reservation! NOTE: This form is only for Student Senate recognized clubs and organizations.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Made reservations at least a week in advance. Any reservations made with less than 72 hours notice may not be honored.
- Two registered drivers per vehicle are required for each rental. Three registered drives per vehicle are required for each rental on a long distance trip.
- Purchasing fuel for University vehicles can only be made with a Transportations Services gas card. Personal purchase of fuel will not be reimbursed by Transportation Services.
- Qualifications to Operate a University Vehicle
- Accident Policy
- Rental Vehicle Cancellation Policy
Charter Bus rentals must be arranged through an outside vendor. This type of bus rental is costly so clubs must have sufficient funds prior to making a reservation.
- Notify the Office of Student Activities that this event or trip is being planned by submitting an Event Planning Form.
- Club contacts outside bus company to reserve bus. The following bus companies are commonly used by Lehigh with pricing that may vary:
- Bieber: 610-435-6691
- Easton Coach: 610-253-4055
- Transbridge: 610-868-6001
- Bus contract/paperwork should be forwarded to and signed by the Office of Student Activities, students do not sign bus contracts.
- Bus invoices should be given to the Student Organizations Accounts Office for payment processing.
Tickets received while you are in possession of a rental vehicle are your personal responsibility. If you do not pay the ticket within the stated period of time, it will be passed on to Transportation Services with a penalty and additional fees will be incurred. Ultimately, these costs are your responsibility and, if not paid, will be charged to your Bursar Account.
Refer to Lehigh's Travel Management department for further information.
The Brown and White is semi-weekly student newspaper which is published on Tuesdays and Fridays. Student clubs have the option to place advertisements in a variety of sizes with the following sizes being the most common: 1/8 page, 1/4 page, 1/2 page. For advertisements to appear in the paper on Tuesday, an order must be submitted on the previous Friday by 4 p.m., likewise, for an advertisement to appear on Friday, an order must be submitted on Tuesday by 4 p.m.
Before submitting an order for an advertisement in the Brown and White, make sure you do the following:
- check your budget, and that you have sufficient funds
- determine the size and cost of the advertisement
- determine the date the advertisment will run
Use the online form to submit a request to the Student Organization Accounts Coordinator for approval to place a Brown and White Advertisement.
The online approval request will go directly to the Student Organizations Coordinator. When approved, the request will be sent to the B&W Office. You must also submit the actual ad to the B&W Office (email or in person) before 4PM on the deadline day.
Student Senate recognized clubs and organizations are able to utilize the Club Resource Room in the Ulrich Student Center to make free copies. Note that there is a limit of 25 copies per use. For more information about the Club Resource Room please contact the Office of Student Activities at 610-758-6670.
It is recommended that clubs requiring copying services for newsletters, posters, flyers, etc. use the Lehigh University Printing Services when 25 or more copies will be needed. There are two locations for your convenience. The Mountaintop Campus, Building J print shop is a full service shop for all of your needs. There is also an extension site located in Rauch Business Center, room 120. What cannot be done at that location will be shipped to building J where the job is processed and delivered back to Rauch.
- Contact Printing Services for an estimate. Call Mountaintop Printing at 610.758.3108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Rauch Copying at 610.758.6363 or email email@example.com.
- Go to Printing Services to have job completed. Fill out Printing Services Form (not online) with club account number 991XXX. Have copy sent to the Student Organization Accounts Coordinator, Room 401 Ulrich.
If you need to use a vendor outside of Lehigh, please inform the Student Organizations Accounts Coordinator.
The EPITOME is Lehigh University's yearbook. For over one hundred years the people, events and organizations that make Lehigh what it is, have been recorded in the EPITOME. The volunteer staff that produces the EPITOME strives to capture every facet of Lehigh life that occurs within an academic year. Every organization is permitted to place a 1/2 page advertisement in the Epitome, it is provided free of charge by Student Senate. You may purchase a larger advertisement with your club funds; a full page would cost $50 from club funds.
Questions regarding your organization in the Epitome should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting the Epitome website
Room Reservations & Conference Services
Among other things, Conference Services is responsible for managing the Rathbone and Iacocca Hall facilities. These areas are often used for banquets, semi-formals and music events. They may also be used when bringing a speaker on campus or for other types of events. The view from the Tower Room in Iacocca Hall is striking when the skies are clear. Costs associated with the use of the facilities are dependent upon the size and type of event.
If you would like to reserve one of these spaces, first make a Room Reservation.
Look at the calendar to see that the room is open for the date and time you desire. This doesn't mean it's guaranteed that you'll get the room as there may be reservations ahead of you waiting to be processed.
Next, click on My Requests and enter your regular Lehigh sign-on and password. When filling out My Requests you'll need to know the abbreviation for the specific campus space you want to reserve, to find this please refer to the Location List. Submit your request and wait for an e-mail which is a "tentative hold".
To complete the room reservation with Conference Services you must proceed to their office to fill out a Student Group Event Request Form. Their office is located on the lower side of Rathbone Hall (one level below the dining room) and is accessed via the outside balcony walkway. Their phone number is 610-758-5306.
As a Student Senate recognized student club, you have the privilege to utilize space on campus for meetings and events. If a room reservation is for an event you must submit an Event Planning Form for approval from the Student Activities Office, in addition to submitting the Room Reservation. If the room reservation is simply for a club meeting, you don't need office approval to reserve the room.
First, look at the calendar to see that the room is open for the date and time you desire. This doesn't mean it's guaranteed that you'll get the room as there may be reservations ahead of you waiting to be processed.
Next, click on My Requests and enter your regular Lehigh sign-on and password. When filling out My Requests you'll need to know the abbreviation for the specific campus space you want to reserve, to find this please refer to the Location List. Submit your request and wait for an e-mail confirmation. Depending on the building you're requesting, the request is processed by the appropriate Scheduling Office as follows:
- Classroom Request - processed by Registrar's Office 610-758-3201
- Conference Services Request - processed by Conference Services 610-758-5306
- Student Center Request(UC & Lamberton) - processed by UC Main Desk 610-758-4163
Please note that rooms in Rauch Business Center must be requested by a Faculty Advisor or Staff Member and cannot be requested by students.
Other Information and Requests
If you need food for an event, you must use Dining Services if the event takes place in one of the following venues: Rathbone, UC, Lamberton, Zoellner, Rauch Business, Iacocca/Mountaintop, Ulrich/Grace and other buildings where there is an existing Sodexho operation.
If the event is in a building not listed above, you may bring in your own food or order from Dining Services. Any time you have food you must clean up the entire area or you will be charged by Facilities Services for clean up.
Please visit Catering on the Dining Services web site and complete the online order form. You'll need to enter your club account number. The form goes directly to Dining Services and they contact the Student Organization Accounts Coordinator for approval and availability of funds. Clubs receive a 30% discount from Dining Services on food orders and it is deducted on the bill. If you have any questions, contact Dining Services at 610.758.4166.
In addition to placing a catering order, the club must submit an Event Planning Form to the Student Activities Office for approval of the event.
The Department of Facilities Services can assist your organization by providing equipment such as tables, chairs, extension cords, turning on power outside, turning on water outside, etc.
Charges are assessed for all services and sometimes they are costly. Therefore, you must first get approval from the Student Organization Accounts Coordinator before requesting any service.
Once you have approval, please complete a Facilities Services Request Form.
You'll need to provide your club account number on the form.
Some campus events require the reservation of Lehigh Police. To determine if Lehigh Police is needed for your event please contact the LUPD office at email@example.com or 610-758-4200.
NOTE: that Lehigh Police services need to be reserved within 14 business days of the event to ensure that the proper personnel can be scheduled. Failure to make this reservation within the stated time frame will result in the postponement or cancellation of your event.
In addition, organizations are responsible for the fees charged by LUPD for services provided for events.
Information & Guidelines for renting the Student Senate Gold Plus machine for Clubs & Organizations
Student Senate recognized clubs and organizations have the opportunity to rent the Student Senate-Gold Plus machine for club events and fundraising. Common uses by clubs include but are not limited to: raising funds for charity, collecting admission for an event and selling small items like t-shirts.
To request the use of a Gold Plus machine a reservation form must be submitted through the HUB, after submitting the form you will hear back in 2 business days.
Please note the following information and guidelines regarding the use of a Gold Plus machine:
- There is 1 Gold Plus machine that is loaned to clubs and organizations from the Student Organizations Accounts Coordinator in the Office of Student Activities, Rm 401 Ulrich. The machine is loaned on a first come first serve basis and is typically reserved for 1-2 days per event.
- The machine can only be used in certain buildings that have the necessary hook up:
- Lamberton Great Room (hook up in office)
- Packard 101 Auditorium lobby (hook up in lobby - near ceiling)
- University Center 2nd Floor tables (hook up near ATM machine)
- The rental fee is $10 per day/event, and a 3% Bursar fee deducted on gross sales.
- An example of sales and fees is: $100 sales - 3% Bursar fee -
$10 machine rental fee = $87 net sales.
* Special note, the $10 rental fee is waived when using the machine to raise funds for charity, the 3% Bursar fee is never waived.
- The Student Organizations Accounts Coordinator will charge the appropriate fees and credit the sales collected to the organization's account. It is the responsibility of the organization to forward funds collected for charity in a timely manner, please contact the Student Organizations Accounts Coordinator for assistance in forwarding the funds.
- In the event that a piece of equipment is damaged or missing, the organization/person renting the equipment will be responsible for all replacement costs.
- The machine must be picked up and returned to the Student Organizations Accounts Coordinator. The pick up and return should occur during office business hours that are closest to the event start and end times.