THE GREAT SOUTH SIDE SALE
Saturday, June 1, 2013
10:00AM - 3:30PM
4th Street between Buchanan and Pierce Street
(Parking Lot across from St. John's Windish Lutheran Church)
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR PICKUPS AND SORTING
SIGN UP HERE
Lehigh's Move Out Collection Drive
WHAT IS MOVE OUT?Every year, at the end of the spring semester, thousands of American college students move out of dormitories and apartments in their college community. Every year many of these same students find that there are items they can not or do not want to take with them. The Lehigh Valley experiences this spring ritual every year at each of the seven colleges in the area. Some students have the time and transporation to take their unwanted clothing, applicances, food, books, kitchen equipment and other useable items to charities. Many, however, find that some things simply won't fit into their cars as they are packing to leave, or some students do not know where to take donations. Whatever the reason, college communities find that dumpsters overflow, neighborhood sidewalks fill with bags and boxes of useable but unwanted items and scavengers, both human and animal, tear open bags, root through dumpsters and leave a mess behind.
COLLECTION DATES 2013: April 29th - May 25th
WHERE: Approved Locations in Residence Halls and Windish Hall on
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED: Sign Up HereAny boxes that you can collect between now and May 25th can be dropped off at Windish Hall at 321 East Packer Ave.
WHAT DO WE COLLECT?
- HOUSEHOLD STUFF - kitchen stuff, wastebaskets, etc.
- FURNITURE - (no sofas or upholstered chairs, please)
- CLOTHING AND LINENS
- CLEANING SUPPLIES - cleansers, mops, brooms, etc.
- UNOPENED FOOD -- cans, mixes, ramen, jello, teabags, juice, perishables, etc.
- OFFICE SUPPLIES -- notebooks (even partly used), paper, folders, binders, pens, tape, pencils, crayons, markers, clips - all are used for homework club tutoring and summer work.
WHAT IS NOT COLLECTED:
- NO SOFAS OR UPHOLSTERED CHAIRS
- NO CRT TV'S OR MONITORS (NON FLAT TV SCREENS OR MONITORS)
WHO BENEFITS?Items will be sold at a giant community sale on June 1st to benefit children and youth programs in South Bethlehem.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?Volunteers are needed for various jobs. Contact the Community Service Office (email@example.com) OR
call 8-6674 OR use "Sign Up Here".