College of Health
On October 25, President Simon announced an ambitious new plan to move Lehigh forward in significant and powerful ways. The Path to Prominence: A New Vision for Lehigh, includes key elements and significant growth for our institution.
One key element is the establishment of a new College of Health. The provost pulled a committee together to help define key focus areas for the new College. The committee will work to collaboratively recommend areas of focus for Lehigh, whether they correspond to a given member's area of interest or not. The committee is expected to consult widely within Lehigh and outside of Lehigh, particularly with key leaders in health to help us understand what the future might look like and how that should influence our academic thinking.
The goal is for the committee to begin their work immediately and provide recommendations to me and President Simon around April 1, 2017.
Members of the College of Health Committee are as follows:
- Deborah Laible, Professor, Psychology, College of Arts and Sciences, Co-Chair
- Raymond Pearson, Professor, Materials Science and Engineering, P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science, Co-Chair
- Kelly Austin, Assistant Professor, Sociology and Anthropology, College of Arts and Sciences
- Shin-Yi Chou, Professor, Economics, College of Business and Economics
- Hannah Dailey, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics, P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Stephen DeWeerth, Dean, P.C. Rossin, College of Engineering and Applied Science, Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Elizabeth Dolan, Associate Professor, English, College of Arts and Sciences
- George DuPaul, Professor, Education and Human Services
- Robert Flowers, Deputy Provost for Faculty Affairs, Professor, Chemistry, College of Arts and Sciences
- Anand Jagota, Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Kira Mendez, Interim Director, Iacocca Institute
- Neal Simon, Professor, Biological Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
- Tamas Terlaky, Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering, P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Henry Zheng, Vice Provost for Institutional Research