Appendix 7 Lehigh University’s Core Values
Lehigh’s Core Purpose: our fundamental reason for being
To contribute to society by the creation and dissemination of knowledge through our graduates and the knowledge we create.
In fulfilling our core purpose, we seek to:
- develop leaders and inspire innovators through shared learning and life experiences, personal and intellectual development combined
- promote student success
- for students: prepare them to engage in a world community, be good and productive citizens and instill value of high standards
- for faculty: hold high expectations for quality of scholarship and creative work
- for staff: expect high quality in everything we do
- for alumni: be a lifelong resource and home to our graduates
Lehigh’s Core Values: essential and enduring tenets—a small set of timeless guiding principles that require no external justification; they have intrinsic value and importance to us inside Lehigh.
- integrity and honesty
- equitable community
- academic freedom
- intellectual curiosity
- commitment to excellence