Dear Graduate Program Pre-Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in graduate studies in Mechanical Engineering at Lehigh University. If you would like to receive the formal application package and additional graduate program information, please complete our Preliminary Application Form. This form has been designed to help us evaluate your chances of being admitted to our highly competitive program before completing the comprehensive admission forms and paying the application fee. Please complete and submit the form as soon as possible.
Please note the following minimum admission requirements set by the university:
- International students are required to take the IBT-TOEFL test (Test of English as a Foreign Language). If a student scores below 79, the student is required to take at least one semester of a Step-Up Intensive English Program. For further information, consult the ESL Department. Scores below the following individual scores require ESL coursework to be taken during the initial academic year concurrent with regular Department coursework: Reading (20); Listening (15); Speaking (20); Writing (20).
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Aptitude Test is highly recommended, especially for international students.
- An official transcript from each university attended is required. All transcripts should be converted to the American 4.0 grading scale, if possible.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation are required from qualified individuals to evaluate the applicant's academic achievement and potential for graduate studies.
- A $75 non-refundable application fee is required; this fee cannot be waived.
- The deadline for fall semester applications is July 15. The spring semester deadline is December 1. The deadline for financial aid for the following academic year is January 15.
- Financial supportdocuments must add up to a minimum of the total estimated 2011-2012 yearly cost of $35,480 for: tuition ($21,960), minimum 12 month living expenses ($10,800), health insurance ($1,520) and books, supplies, and fees ($1,200), in the form of either family funds (original bank letter), government funds (original documents),or scholarships.
- Admission to the MEM program is NOT awarding of financial aid. The granting of research, teaching, or fellowship awards is by competition. The availability of funds is always limited.
- Visa papers are issued only to students admitted as regular, full-time students, who show proof of financial support by submitting the appropriate documents.
I look forward to receiving your fully-completed Preliminary Application Form, which will be reviewed by our graduate committee. IF THE FORM IS NOT COMPLETED, IT CANNOT BE CONSIDERED.
MEM Graduate Coordinator