Mission, Goals, & Objectives
As a part of the Dean of Students Office, the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) serves as an integral resource, advocate, and vehicle of support for the Lehigh community on issues of multiculturalism and diversity. The OMA promotes a community aware of and sensitive to the multifaceted needs of Lehigh students. Identifying itself as an agent of transformation, the OMA challenges individuals to personally and communally grow, exploring multiculturalism and determining their unique role in achieving social justice.
Office Goals & Objectives
- To serve as an advocate, resource, and vehicle of support for diverse students and their families in and outside of Lehigh University.
- To build an active partnership with fellow colleges, offices, and organizations at Lehigh University in an effort to enhance an inclusive, outreaching, and growing multicultural community.
- To challenge members of the Lehigh community to explore their own culture and the culture of others in the campus community in an effort to enhance greater multicultural awareness and promote dialogue exchange.
- To respond thoughtfully, intellectually, appropriately, and competently to the needs of fellow Lehigh students, their families, faculty, staff, and alumni concerning multicultural affairs.
- To Support and encourage students to explore their multiple identities.