ASM International - Lehigh Valley Chapter's Young Member's Night is coming Thursday, Nov. 7! See the flyer for complete details.
The A.J. Drexel Nanotechnology Institute and the Lehigh Nanotech Network will host the fifth annual PA regional nanotechnology conference from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 23, 2013 in the Drexel University Bossone Research Enterprise Center in Philadelphia, PA. See the agenda for complete information.
This year's conference is centered on the emerging and increasingly relevant topic of nanotechnology based research for energy applications, thus acquiring the new title "PA Regional Nanotechnology for Energy 2013." The conference will focus on strategic priorities for energy and sustainability.
Topics of discussion during the day will include materials for energy generation and storage, the role of the chemical industry in energy research, the future of energy materials research and education and challenges and opportunities of shale gas. The event will facilitate networking opportunities among academia, industry and state representatives. It will also bring light to regional engineering advancements in sustainable and innovative materials and devices for harvesting, storage and delivery of energy from renewable sources to meet the current and future energy needs of society. Discussions of projected future energy needs will lead to the development of new and advanced solutions to maintain the nation's competitive edge in a growing global economy.
- Zhiyang Yu and Qian Wu win awards at the MS&T 2012 conference
- General Announcement and Call for Abstracts: Functional Glasses: Properties and Applications for Energy and Information
An International Interactive Conference on "Functional Glasses: Properties and Applications for Energy and Information" will take place January 6-11, 2013 in Siracusa, Sicily, Italy. Conference Scholarships are available to US students/postdocs willing to present a poster. For more info and how to apply, see the conference flyer or go to www.lehigh.edu/imi.
- The Right-to-Know Online Safety Training Orientation is now available, viewable in three ways:
- RTK PowerPoint presentation (with audio) (download the free PowerPoint viewer if you do not have Office 2010 installed)
- RTK Video
- RTK PDF
- Students Receive 2012 SMS Awards
- MSE Update, department's mid-year newsletter (February 2012)
- Online library provides free glass education, American Ceramic Society Bulletin, January/February 2012