About IPD: Philosophy
Hands-on projects start with reverse engineering
Students get many opportunities to sharpen their presentation skills
The IPD program has several tenets including:
- Innovation is the engine that drives economic growth "Innovate, automate, emigrate or evaporate!" (Lee Iacocca Lehigh Class of '45)
- The greatest opportunity for innovation occurs at the intersections of disciplines!
- Innovation is a process that can best be learned by doing it!
- Experiential learning comes from engaging our students in real world projects provided by our industy partners.
- All projects require a global perspective through each stage of the IPD process.
- Our industry sponsors represent established companies, local start ups and student start ups.
- Diverse interdisciplinary teams applying creative processes and methods have the best chance for success.
- Entrepreneurs are needed to lead these teams.
- Lehigh University provides an environment where student entrepreneurship will flourish.
Graco Team working on child gate project (2004)