Information For Internal Job Applicants:
Managerial and Professional Positions
In order to provide professional growth opportunities, Lehigh University requires posting of classified managerial and professional staff positions within the University for at least five working days before hiring a candidate to fill the position.
Managerial and Professional Staff Positions:
- Apply via the Jobs@Lehigh site.
- Your application and/or resume will be considered prior to external candidates if it is received within the five-day posting period.
- The hiring supervisor in the department will review your qualifications.
- If your qualifications and background closely match the requirements for the position for which you are applying, you may be invited for an interview by the hiring supervisor.
- If you are interviewed but not selected for a position, you will be notified by the hiring department that the position has been filled.
NOTE: Hiring decisions are made by the hiring department, not by Human Resources.
Please remember to:
- Review the detailed job posting for each position of interest to you. All postings appear on the Jobs@Lehigh site.
- Apply only for positions for which you have most or all of the requirements.
- Submit complete and accurate information on your online application, including salary history and/or references where requested. You may upload a cover letter and/or resume to the Jobs@Lehigh system (recommended). Other documents such as letters of reference or work samples may also be uploaded.
- Identify the title for the positions for which you are applying.
- Include in your cover letter, resume, or application, all job-related information explaining your skills, experience, and ability to successfully perform the duties of the position for which you are applying.
- Provide telephone numbers where you can be reached during the day.
- Please be patient because the hiring process is often lengthy. If you haven’t heard from the hiring supervisor or HR within two weeks and wish to know the current status of the position, you may call (610) 758-3900 Monday through Friday between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m., and inquire by referencing the job title and the department.
We appreciate your interest in exploring career opportunities at Lehigh University and wish you success in your job search.
To view frequently asked questions, click here.
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information,
marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.