How to Apply for Internal
Administrative, Clerical, Service,
Technical, and Maintenance Positions
In order to provide professional growth opportunities, Lehigh University requires advertising of classified administrative, clerical, service, technical, and maintenance staff positions within the University for at least five working days before hiring a candidate to fill the position.
Administrative, Clerical, Service, Technical and Maintenance Staff Positions:
- Your application and/or resume will be considered prior to external candidates if it is received within the five-day posting period.
- The Human Resources Associate assigned to the position for which you are applying and/or the hiring department will review your qualifications.
- You will be invited in for an interview by a Human Resources representative if your qualifications and background closely match the requirements for the position.
- If chosen as a finalist, you may be required to take job-related tests to determine whether you meet minimum requirements for some positions.
- If you are interviewed but not selected for a position, the Human Resources Office or hiring supervisor will notify you that the position has been filled.
NOTE: Hiring decisions are made by the hiring department, not by Human Resources.
Please remember to:
- Review the job details for each position of interest to you. All job postings appear on the Jobs@Lehigh site.
- Apply only for positions for which you have most or all of the requirements.
- Submit complete and accurate information on your online application including salary history and/or references where requested. A cover letter and/or resume may be uploaded to the Jobs@Lehigh system.
- Include in your cover letter, resume, or application, all job-related information explaining your skills, experience, and ability to successfully perform the duties of the position for which you are applying.
- Provide telephone numbers where you can be reached during the day.
- Please be patient because the hiring process is often lengthy. If you haven’t heard from the hiring supervisor or HR within two weeks and wish to know the current status of the position, you may call (610) 758-3900 Monday through Friday between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m., and inquire by referencing the job title and the department.
We appreciate your interest in exploring career opportunities at Lehigh University and wish you success in your job search. To view frequently asked questions, click here.
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information,
marital status, national or ethic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.