A variety of wellness programs are available to Lehigh employees through various departments and areas across campus.
- The Welch Fitness Center located in the Taylor Gymnasium is a 10,000 square-foot, 3 tiered, multidimensional facility that provides the campus community with numerous options and oportunities to improve our health and physical fitness.
- The Empower Program – Gain the knowledge to help you to move forward with your personal weight goals. This eight-week program presented by Better Health Works (a division of Capital Blue Cross) will help you:
- Receive beginning, midpoint, and final body composition analyses to track your progress
- Set realistic and attainable personal goals
- Learn the basics of fitness, nutrition, and portion sizes
- Participate in support group interaction.
There is no cost for this program. Bring your lunch; light refreshments are served. Watch for the announcement of when the next session will be starting.
- GlobalFit provides discounted rates on a wide range of health and fitness programs and products diesinged to make it easier and more affordable for Lehigh employees to get active, lose weight, and feel better.
- Yoga by YogaMos is designed to bring balance, strength, flexibility, and greater vitality into the lives of participants. Each class consistes of techniques to focus the mind, breathing exercises, warm-up stretches, yoga postures, a relaxation exercise, and meditation. This program not only teaches techniques to reduce stress in our lives and to minimize the impact that stress has upon our body, mind, and spirit; it also guides each participant into the experience of inner peace and balance. Classes are offered during the noon to 1:00 pm lunch period on selected days. Each session runs for 8 weeks and costs $50. The fall sessions start on September 10, 2013 (Tuesdays, Noon to 1:00 p.m.) and September 11, 2013 (Wednesdays, Noon to 1:00 p.m.). Register here.
- HealthSCAN is a personal, preventive health screening that may determine if you have current or potential health problems. Tests include checks for diatbetes, heart disease, gout, liver, and kidney disease. A Complete Blood Count (CBC) as well as HDL (good) and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels are also done. Test results are strictly confidential. Only you will receive your results. Thie program, conducted by Quest Diagnostics, is offered twice a year on campus, usually October and April. Lehigh employees are eligible for one free screening per year as part of their benefits program. Retirees as well as employee spouses/partners can also participate in the screening at full cost (currently $50). Special registration is announced through the Spotlight. The next HealthSCAN event will take place in October 2013.
- Wellness Walking Groups are a great way to build some exercise into your work week while meeting and making new friends on campus. Participants meet at the flagpole every Monday through Wednesday and start walking at 12:10 p.m. Distances vary depending on the day, and generally range between one and three miles. It's a great way to enjoy Lehigh's beautiful campus! Register here.
- Seasonal and H1N1 Flu Shots are offered to students, faculty, and staff by the Student Health Center. This link takes you to the Health Services website where information about seasonal and H1N1 flu shots is available.
- Weight Watchers. Lehigh University provides convenient access to the reknowned Weight Watchers program by hosting weekly meetings right on campus. The cost of the program is $80 for each 8-week session. You can pay by cash, check (payable to Weight Watchers), Visa, Mastercard or payroll deduction for salaried faculty and staff. Weight Watchers is simple, satisfying and smart. The PointsPlus program is based on the latest nutritional science, and factors in the way your body actually processes food. Combined with the proven advantages of the Weight Watchers approach, the program helps you make healthy choices. A minimum of 15 participants is required for each session. The fall session starts September 12, 2013 (Thursdays, 12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.). Register here.
See the Workplace Learning Calendar.
Return to main Wellness page