How can Organizational Development support departments or teams?
There are many ways Organizational Development (OD) can help your department or team. Situations or questions that may trigger a request for an OD intervention include:
- Is the organization undergoing transition from one stage of growth to another?
- Does the organization need to refocus and clarify its direction?
- Is there a sense of unrealized potential?
- Is the organization undergoing an "identity crisis" - lacking a clear sense of who it is or what its purpose is?
- Is the organization clinging to obsolete products, services, or practices?
- Is the organization experiencing low staff morale and/or high turnover?
- Has the organization grown very quickly?
- Are there conflicts about the organization's future direction?
- Has the organization implemented a lot of new technology?
- Is the organization bogged down with inflexible rules, regulations, and directives?
- Are there people in places who are stopping or hindering progress?
- Does the organization need to realign staffing with organizational priorities?