The Job Family Compass Initiative (JFC) started in 2005 and the last JFC Guide was completed in June 2007. The purpose of the JFC is to:
- Clarify key accountabilities and skills for positions within each job family
- Present clear development and career paths within each job family
- Identify development resources and activities that support professional growth.
The result of the work by members of the job families can be found in the Job Family Compass Guides for each job family. The Guides include information, resources, and tools to help staff members plan and manage performance and development at Lehigh.
JFC Guides have been distributed to current employees as they were developed. JFC orientation programs are scheduled each quarter for new employees. The JFC Guides are also available at the following locations:
- Campus Portal - Access the Campus Portal from the Lehigh home page. Log in using your email ID and password. Once you are in the Portal, select the "Employee" tab to see more information about the Job Family Compass.
- Lehigh Library - JFC Guides can be located at the main desk in the Fairchild-Martindale Library.
- JFC orientation programs are scheduled quarterly. The schedule may be found at the training schedule.
The following directory provides more information about the Job Family Compass Initiative.