Working with our faculty and staff ...
Lehigh University's staff and faculty are known for outstanding quality, dedication, and leadership. We thrive in an environment that celebrates our employees' imagination, creativity, and commitment to excellence in our activities. The University is equally committed to providing our faculty and staff with appropriate and competitive benefits and compensation. Lehigh is proud to say that it is small enough to address individual needs, yet large enough to provide comprehensive benefit programs.
Generous Paid Time Off for Staff Members
Depending on length of service and classification, we offer between 10 and 25 days of vacation each year. In addition, our employees receive 12 holidays and 10 to 15 sick/excused absence days to use each year as needed.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
We offer a broad, flexible package of insurance options to protect the health and financial security of our faculty and staff and their family members – together with domestic partners – including an optional dental plan and a variety of medical coverage elections. Also, we pay for life and disability insurance and offer reasonably priced supplemental life insurance.
Employee Credit Union
We've arranged for the Bethlehem Teachers Federal Credit Union to provide services to all salaried staff and faculty members at Lehigh. These services include payroll deduction, savings and checking accounts, personal loans, and home equity loans at competitive rates.
We offer a number of different financial services to help our employees plan for the future:
- Benefits: For those who work at least 20 hours per week, Lehigh fully funds their retirement plan by contributing to a Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association- College Retirement Equity Funds (TIAA-CREF) pension.
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan: Our employees' personal retirement savings can be tax deferred into the Voluntary 403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan, a flexible investment plan with tax-deferred earnings. The program provides access to top mutual funds including American Century, Fidelity Investments, The Vanguard Group, and TIAA-CREF.
Learning and Life-Long Education
Lehigh is a supportive community where living and learning are integrated. We provide a variety of programs to enhance this environment.
- Tuition Benefits for Staff and Faculty: Our employees are eligible to take, at no tuition cost, undergraduate and graduate courses at Lehigh and undergraduate courses at other academic institutions in the Valley that participate in the Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges (LVAIC).
- Tuition Benefits for Spouses, Partners, and Dependent Children: We offer other tuition programs through Lehigh for spouses, partners, and dependent children that vary based on the nature of the employee’s position.
- Training and Development: Programs and workshops are available through the University in areas such as career building skills, information technology, management skills and more. The cost of some external programs is subsidized through the Build and Enhance Skills through Training (BEST) program.
Employee Assistance Program
Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH), an employee assistance program, is available around the clock to employees and their families by telephone or on-line at no cost. IBH provides names of counselors and referrals, extensive web services, and other free resources. These resources include online materials that address issues such as stress, changes in the workplace, legal matters, education, parenting and childcare, seniors, and addiction and recovery programs.
Work Life Benefits and Services
Our programs support work and individual family needs. We have policies for family leave time, flexible schedules (where appropriate), and some adoption benefits. We also offer an on-campus child care center.
Wellness and Fitness Programs
We know the importance of a fit mind and body and offer courses, workshops, and individualized training in everything from aerobics, walking, and other exercise programs, to yoga, stress management, and nutrition. We offer a program called HealthSCAN which is a personal, preventative health screening. Employees also have access to the university’s Taylor Gym, featuring swimming pools and the Welch Fitness Center.
Access to Lehigh's Facilities and Resources
There are a number of athletic, educational, recreational, and cultural facilities on our campus that are accessible to our employees. These include Taylor Gym, Linderman and Martindale libraries, Goodman Stadium, the Zoellner Arts Center, and Packer Chapel. Benefits include free admission to most athletic events, book borrowing privileges, and discounts on performance tickets. Employees also receive a discount at the university bookstore.
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status,
national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.