President of the Lehigh Hillel Society
I am a sophmore this year from Denver, Colorado. I am currently majoring in industrial engineering. Besides Hillel, I play on the club soccer team and am also involved with Engineers without Borders, Innovation and Leadership Residency, and club gymnastics. I also enjoy skiing. I was on Hillel board last year as chair of First Year Experience and love being involved with Hillel.
Nathan Kasimer is a junior, studying Business and Mechanical Engineering through the IBE program. He is from Sharon, Massachusetts, and was on Hillel Board during the 2011 year as First Year Experience Chair, and 2012 as President.
Services and Religious Programming Chair
I am into computers and really enjoy The Avett Brothers, especially their newst album "The Carpenter." I am looking forward to spicing up services and creating an inviting space for everyone who visits the Jewish Student Center.
Fundraising and Treasurer Chair
I am an engineering major and am involved with my sorority, Theta. I am a bit fairly like and have fluffy blonde hair. I really enjoy Hillel and am looking forward to serving my term as Fundraiser and Treasurer.
Marketing and Communications Chair
I am an accounting major and contrary to what you may thing of this major I am fun and spunky. I look forward to challenging you to arm wrestle and beating you. I send out the weekly emails for updates of all that is going on at Hillel and other jewy events on campus.
Community Service and Tikkun Olam
Maxine loves life and really enjoys tomatoes and nori. She is involved in a new sorority on campus, ZTA. You will frequently see her around campus with a nalgene full of green tea and a smile on her face.
Social Programming Chair
Zach (Sophmore )
I am a sophmore this year, involved in trying to take over the world one step at a time. In my free time, which tends to be very little, I also enjoy boats, tennis, and photography.
First Year Experience
I am super excited to be on the Hillel board and look forward to meeting all the prospective students who stop by. I have tons of ideas for how to make Hillel awesome!
Hillel Board Positions and Descriptions
Hillel Society members are encouraged to become involved! The following are descriptions of leadership opportunities. Elections are held each December.
ALL BOARD MEMBERS: ATTEND WEEKLY MEETINGS
- Acts as a campus and community representative.
- Attends all events.
- Oversees all events, board members, etc.
- Runs meetings of the Board, including making an agenda for board meetings.
- Is in constant close contact with the Hillel Director AND the Hillel Executive Board.
- Participants at the annual JSAC meeting.
- Acts as a faculty liaison.
- Oversees the enforcement of bylaws.
- Mediates and delegates among board members.
- Is ready to step in should the President be unavailable.
- Coordinates relations with other groups on campus and in the broader community.
- Responsible for attending meeting of related groups e.g., Jewish Cultural Association and Interfaith Forum. If unable to attend any given meeting the VP is responsible for sending a Hillel delegate in their place.
- Responsible for attending meeting of the Global Union as the Hillel Representative. e. Keeps minutes during the meeting and e-mails to the board.
- Run Friday Night Services.
- Oversees and serves as point person on religious programming, including High Holy Days, Sukkot, Purim and Passover observances.
- Creates at least one of the following programs per month:
- Social i. Events including but not limited to themed Shabbats and tri-Hillel events. ii. Oversees all social and community programming, including Chanukah party, Family Weekend, and bagel brunches.
- Cultural i. Oversees and is responsible for cultural and programs, events including but not limited to Dine & Discuss, Lunch & Learn, Israel programs and guest speakers.
Community Service and Tikkun Olam:
- Creates at least two events per semester. Possible events include partnership with Community Service Office, Victory House volunteer, Shabbat at B’nai Brith.
Marketing and Communications :
- Marketing i. Creates advertising targeting specific audiences for specific events e.g. Greek house, Warren Square, and Graduate Students. ii. Coordinates with professional staff regarding development opportunities.
- Creates and distributes all print and graphic advertisements, including posters and Brown & White advertisements.
- Updates all technological advertisements, including e-mail, Facebook, University Announcements, and text messages.
Fundraising and Treasurer:
- i. Responsible for overseeing fundraisers, call-a-thons, Family Weekend raffle and nosh boxes .
- ii. Is a liaison between Hillel and the Development Office and helps to organize related events and initiatives.
- Tracks board spending and provide updates to the board regarding spending and budgeting.
First Year Experience:
- Coordinates reaching out to first-year and prospective students.
- Remains in contact with ASA and other organizations about open house schedules.
- Responds to inquiries from high school students and parents interested in Lehigh.
- Responsible for orientation events, including informational fairs, deli night, and move-in open house.
- Additionally responsible for freshmen specific events e.g. Interfaith Ice Cream Social
- As created and described by the board