Integrated Networks for Electricity
Exploring the flow of electricity, information, and money in advanced power networks
Selected Research Publications
- C. Chen, K.G. Nagananda, G. Xiong, S. Kishore, L.V. Snyder, "A Communication-based Appliance Scheduling Scheme for Consumer-Premise Energy Management Systems," IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, to appear, 2013.
- Basel Alnajjab, Xinda Ke, and Rick S. Blum, "Performance Bounds for Ocean Wave Prediction from Noisy Sensor Measurements," Global Marine Renewable Energy Conference, April 2013.
- Rick S. Blum, Security for Wave Estimation Sensor Networks, 2013 IEEE Global Signal and Information Processing Conference (GlobalSIP)
(invited), December 3-5, 2013.
- Rick S. Blum, Wave Estimation Sensor Network Design under Communication Constraints and Distributed Processing, 2013 Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, Nov 3-6, 2013.
- C. Chen, S. Kishore, Z. Wang, M. Alizadeh, A. Scaglione, "How Will Demand Response Aggregators Affect Electricity Markets? – A Cournot Game Analysis," Intl. Symposium On Controls, Communications and Signal Processing, Invited Paper, May 2012.
- C. Chen, S. Kishore, Z. Wang, M. Alizadeh, A. Scaglione, "A Cournot Game Analysis on Market effects of Queueing Energy Requests as Demand Response," 2012 IEEE PES General Meeting, July 2012.
- M. Alizadeh, T. H. Chang, A. Scaglione, C. Chen, S. Kishore, "The Emergence of Deferrable Energy Requests and a Greener Future: What Stands in the Way," Intl. Sym. on Controls, Communications, and Signal
Proc., Invited Paper, May 2012.
- M. Alizadeh, Z. Wang, A. Scaglione, C. Chen, S. Kishore, "On the Market Effects of Queueing Energy Requests as an Alternative to Storing Electricity," 2012 IEEE PES General Meeting, July 2012.
- Latifoglu, C. L., P. Belotti, and L. V. Snyder. Models for production planning under power interruptions. Submitted for publication. 2012.
- Lamadrid A.J., and Mount, T. "Ancillary Services in Systems with Penetration of Renewable Energy Sources, The Case of Ramping". Energy Economics, 34 (6), 1959-1971, 2012.
- Mount, T., Maneevitjit, S., Lamadrid, A.J., Thomas, B. and Zimmerman, R. "The Hidden System Costs of Wind Generation in a Deregulated Electricity Market," The Energy Journal, 33 (1), 161-186, 2012.
- Liang Zhao, Qian He, and Rick S. Blum,
Realistic Simulation Tests for LOUD Dynamic Smart Grid System Change Detection, IEEE SmartGridComm 2012 Symposium, Tainan, Taiwan, Nov. 2012.
- Chuanming Wei, Ami Wiesel and Rick S. Blum, Distributed change detection in Gaussian graphical models, Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Princeton, March 2012.
- Chuanming Wei, Ami Wiesel and Rick S. Blum, Change Detection in Smart Grids Using Errors In
Variables Models, 2012 IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop (SAM), June 2012.
- Xinda Ke and Rick S. Blum, Optimum Quantization and Reconstruction of Power Flows
from Voltage Measurements at Dispersed Buses, 2012 IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop (SAM), June 2012.
- Qian He, Chaunming Wei and Rick S. Blum, Effects of Unsuccessful Transmissions of Measurements on Uncertainty in Power Flow Calculations, 2012 IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop (SAM), June 2012.
- Z. Qin, Q. Li, M. Chuah, "Unidentifiable Attacks in Electric Power Systems," IEEE Cyber Physical Systems (ICCPS),April, 2012
- Z. Qin, Q. Li, M. Chuah, "Defending Against Unidentifiable Attacks in Electric Power Systems," IEEE Transaction on Parallel & Distributed Systems (TPDS), accepted in 2012.
- Qian He and Rick S. Blum, "Smart Grid Monitoring for Intrusion and Fault Detection with New Locally Optimum Testing Procedures," ICASSP 2011.
- Qian He and R. S. Blum, "New Hypothesis Testing-Based Methods for Fault Detection for Smart Grid Systems," Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Johns Hopkins University, March 2011.
- Qian He and R. S. Blum, "Smart Grid Fault Detection Using Locally Optimum Unknown or Estimated Direction Hypothesis Test," to appear, the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid and Clean Energy Technologies (ICSGCE), Chengdu, China, Sep 2011.
- Rick S. Blum, "Ordering for Estimation and Optimization in Energy Efficient Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 59, issue 6, pp. 2847-2856, June 2011.
- Chen, C., S. Kishore, and L. V. Snyder, "An innovative RTP-based residential power scheduling scheme for smart grids," Proc. of IEEE Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), to appear 2011.
- Shengpu Liu and Liang Cheng. "A context-aware reflective middleware framework for distributed real-time and embedded systems," Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 84, No. 2, pp. 205-218, February 2011.
- Lisa Frye, Liang Cheng, and Randy Kaplan, "A Methodology to Identify Complex Network Attacks," 2011 International Conference on Security and Management (SAM'11), Las Vegas, NV, July 18-21, 2011.
- Gang Xiong, Chen Chen, S. Kishore, A. Yener, "Smart (In-Home) Power Scheduling for Demand Response on the Smart Grid," IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference, January 2011.
- G. Fedynyshyn, M. Chuah, G. Tan, "Detection & Classification of Different Botnet C&C Channels," Autonomic and Trusted Computing Conference (ATC), Sept 2011.
- Lamadrid, A.J., Mount, T. and Thomas, B."Geographical Averaging and Ancillary Services for Stochastic Power Generation," International Journal of Innovations in Energy Systems and Power, 6 (1), 13-21, 2011.
- M. Chuah, W. Hu, "Privacy-aware Bed Tree Based Solution for Fuzzy Multi-keyword Search over Encrypted Data." 2nd International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Cloud Computing, June 2011.
2010 and previous:
- M. Chuah, S. Roy, I. Stoev. "Secure Descriptive Message Dissemination in DTNs," ACM MobiOpp, February 2010.
- Kishore, S. and L. V. Snyder. "Control mechanisms for residential electricity demand in SmartGrids." Proc. of IEEE Smart Grid Communications Conference (SmartGridComm), October 4-6, 2010.
- Lisa Frye and Liang Cheng. "A Network Management System for a Heterogeneous, Multi-tier Network." IEEE Globecom 2010, Miami, FL, December 6-10, 2010.
- Mount, T., Lamadrid, A.J., Maneevitjit, S., Thomas, B. and Zimmerman, R, "Evaluating the Net Benefits of Investing in New Wind and Transmission Capacity on a Network," Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, January 2009.
- R. S. Blum and B. M. Sadler. "Energy Efficient Signal Detection in Sensor Networks using Ordered Transmissions." IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Volume 56, Issue 7, Part 2, pp. 3229-3235, July 2008.