- How do I sign up?
- We will post online sign-ups on this webpage soon.
- When should I sign up by?
- Please register by August 1. (If you miss the deadline, go ahead and sign up anyway, and we will let you know if we can accommodate you.)
- Where will it be held?
- Fall 2013 Orientation will be held in Neville Hall with some activities in other places. It is within walking distance of lower campus, but students living at Saucon Village will need to take the free Lehigh shuttle to lower campus.
- What if I am an international student?
- How many students will be at fall orientation?
- You may expect a couple hundred other new graduate students from all over the world and in all different disciplines to attend fall orientation.
- Is it mandatory?
- Graduate Student Orientation is a useful, fun, and completely optional event.
However, any student who will be working in a lab as part of an Assistantship must attend the Lab Safety Training (details to follow)
Also, all Teaching Assistants (TA) must complete the Teacher Assistant Training (details to follow). You may wish to watch past recordings of our TA trainings:
- What will Orientation include?
- Orientation will help you begin your journey at Lehigh as a graduate student by describing the many academic, technological, career-related, cultural and administrative resources that will help you on your way. You will meet new friends in social settings, as well as develop some skills to prepare you for your role as a grad student.We also offer a guided tour of campus at the end of Orientation.