The Lehigh Lab Forum (the former TLTR, plus a whole lot more...)
Organizers: Greg Reihman, Ed Gallagher, Elia Schoomer
Until the spring semester 2005, some of our public eventswere billed as Teaching, Learning and Technology Roundtables (TLTR) and some as Faculty Development events, while some fell undetlr no particular category at all. With the introduction of the Lehigh Lab Forum, we hope to create a shared umbrella for all such events. The Lehigh Lab Forum carries forth many of the goals that shaped the TLTR, but now more precisely complements the goals of the Lehigh Lab.
The Lehigh Lab Forum carries forth much of the mission, vision and the goals that shaped the TLTR, but we have reformulated them to more precisely complement the goals of the Lehigh Lab.
- Foster innovation across the university; distribute information about the use of technology; create an environment that encourages the sharing of ideas and experiences.
- Identify innovation in teaching and learning across disciplines and colleges and provide a forum for the sharing of experiences.
- Encourage early initiators, motivate faculty to innovate, and provide them with the resources they need to do so.
- Connect faculty to appropriate staff support teams.
- Develop or identify guidelines, procedures, support teams, and infrastructure for users of new technologies and techniques.
- Provide a forum for the recognition of excellent and innovative uses of teaching techniques and technologies.
- Encourage student and faculty assessment of innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Show tangible examples of progress towards these goals through demonstration projects and showcases.
<Back to the Lehigh Lab Forum site