** NO CHARGE, ALL ARE WELCOME **
** Seating is limited**
Meeting Sponsored by:
The IEEE Power & Energy Society - Lehigh Valley Chapter
Lehigh University - Energy Systems Engineering Institute
Lehigh University IEEE PES Student Branch
Presentation by: Wenxin Liu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Lehigh University
• Dr. Liu joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Lehigh University in the fall of 2014.
• Before coming to Lehigh, he was an assistant professor at New Mexico State University and an assistant scholar scientist at Florida State University.
• Dr. Liu has multidisciplinary background in power systems, power electronics, controls, and computational intelligence, and has published more than 60 journal and conference papers in these research areas.
Dr. Liu has served as sole investigator for projects of more than $1.5 million funded by the National Science Foundation and Department of Defense
• His team has been actively working on various challenging problems in power systems and power electronics and has proposed a series of novel solutions for smart grid and smart grids.
• His Smart Microgrid and Renewable Technology Research Lab is well equipped and can test the proposed algorithms through real-time digital simulation and hardware experimentation.