Lehigh University's Energy Systems Engineering Institute & Lehigh University IEEE PES Student Branch invite you to the following event...
Speaker Jim Robinson, Senior Director at Relion Associates LLC., Project management, analysis, and training services for North American Electric Reliability Corp (NERC) -
"Synchronous Machine Transient Stability"
Tuesday, April 14th, 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm (food and refreshments provided at 4:45)
Packard Lab, Room 101
19 Memorial Drive W., Bethlehem, PA
Why do we care if generator synchronism is lost?
• Multiple Transmission outages
• Turbine blade sudden torques
• Multiple Generator outages
• Grid separation into a small island with poor frequency control
• Turbine/Gen. shaft Acceleration/Deceleration within seconds
• OVER speed & UNDER speed instability
• August 14, 2003 NE America - Separation & Blackout
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!