Training and Orientation
Right to Know
Environmental Preparedness, Prevention and Contingency Plan (EPPC Plan)
Environmental Health and Safety, has written an EPPC Plan to minimize hazards to human health and the environment from fires, explosions, or any unplanned, sudden, or non-sudden release of hazardous waste, hazardous materials, or radioactive materials to the air, soil, or water.
The provisions of the plan must be carried out immediately whenever there is a fire, explosion, or release of hazardous waste, hazardous materials, or radioactive materials which could threaten human health or the environment.
Procedures have been established for the containment of hazardous waste, hazardous materials, or radioactive materials upon notification of an actual spill or discharge as a result of fire, explosion, or discharge within the physical boundaries of Lehigh University. Cleanup, disposal, and restoration actions have been established in the event of an actual spill or discharge at the University.
Call Environmental Health and Safety (610)758-4251 for additional information or to review Lehigh's EPPC Plan.Contact
- Environmental Health and Safety, (610)758-4251, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lehigh Safety Resources
- Department of Environmental Resources, Title 25, "Environmental Resources" Chapter 75 "Solid Waste Management" 75.265, Paragraph (i) for the Commonwealth of PA
- Clean Water Act, 40 CFR 112.3
- Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA), Title III, Section 303(a),(f), and (g)
- OSHA 1910.120, Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- Call Environmental Health and Safety for a copy of the EPPC Program
- Waste Disposal Policy