Goal 1: Campus Climate
- Ensure equal access to employment and educational opportunities for faculty, staff, and students with disabilities.
- Invite all faculty, staff, and students (including faculty, staff and students with disabilities) to participate in University diversity initiatives designed to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members of the campus community.
Goal 2: Educational Programs and Initiatives
- Create greater awareness within the campus community about the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Educate faculty and staff about accommodating the needs of individuals with disabilities when scheduling classes and hosting events at the University.
- Provide orientation programs, information sessions, workshops, and forums for faculty, staff, and students about issues of concern to individuals with disabilities.
Goal 3: Communication and Information
- Create and distribute/post communication tools such as maps, resource guides, and fact sheets to increase awareness within the campus community about resources, accommodations, and programs for faculty, staff, students, and visitors with disabilities.
- Maintain the Disabilities Support Services website with up-to-date information about resources, accommodations, and programs in existence and under development for faculty, staff, students, and visitors with disabilities.
- Update campus maps with information about access to buildings, parking, and transportation services for faculty, staff, students, and visitors with disabilities.
Goal 4: Accessibility
- Ensure accessibility of classroom, workplace, and conference environments for faculty, staff, and students with disabilities.
- Ensure that visitors with disabilities have reasonable access to buildings at the University that are designated to be places of public accommodation.
- Provide information about accessibility to buildings, parking, and transportation services to members of and visitors to the campus community through published materials and web resources.
Lehigh University, 27 Memorial Drive West, Bethlehem, Pa. 18015 Tel.(610) 758-3000