Chalking has been permitted
outdoors with the following conditions to be used as a
- Side walk chalk must be water-soluble chalk and used
only on a horizontal walking/driving surface that is
exposed to the weather elements.
- The use of markers, paints, oil-based products, spray
chalk, or other products in aerosol containers is
- Water-soluble chalk is temporary and usually is
generally removed by the next rain/snow. More
permanent markers (spray chalk) is prohibited as it can
be in place for months defacing the surface and
requiring staff intensive labor to be removed.
- Chalking is also prohibited on all buildings, bus
stops, columns, doors, fountains, indoor and outdoor
furniture, light posts, signs, planters, poles, trees,
vertical surfaces, walls, waste receptacles, etc.
- Offensive or inappropriate content is prohibited and
may be referred for disciplinary action. Refer to
the Student Handbook for additional information.
Return to Guidelines
Holding an Event
Special Projects & Events
Student Affairs Links