Violations & Consequences
What draws the police to a party?
- A complaint from neighbors
- Noise that can be heard on the street
- Individuals carrying open containers in public
- Large numbers of people going in and out
- Cash being exchanged for alcohol
- Someone leaving your party noisy, intoxicated and /or urinating in public
Possible penalties for the Lehigh party goer:Offences involving violation of Lehigh policies related to alcohol use will result in:
- The University notifying the parents/guardians of students found responsible for any violation of University alcohol policies.
- While disciplinary suspension is an option for any single serious alcohol violation, individuals found responsible for two serious alcohol violations will be suspended for a minimum of one semester.
Did you know…?
- No matter what your age is, in Bethlehem, it is illegal to carry or possess any open container of alcohol in a public place.
- Individuals under the age of 21 can be cited for possession of alcohol if they are found in a motor vehicle with alcohol – even if someone in the vehicle in 21 or older.
- In Pennsylvania – Lying about your age to obtain alcohol, purchasing, consuming or transporting alcohol, and/or carrying a fake ID card – carry a mandatory suspension of driver’s license in addition to a fine.
If you are an adult and convicted of knowingly selling or furnishing alcoholic beverages to a minor, you face penalties of:
- A minimum of $1,000 fine for a first offense
- A $2,500 fine for a second offense and up to one year in jail
In Pennsylvania, the legal age for alcohol consumption, possession and transportation is 21.