- Yard Management System (YMS):
- A system which is designed to facilitate and organize the coming, going and staging of trucks and trucks with trailers in the parking "yard" that serves a warehouse, distribution or manufacturing facility.
- The ratio of usable output from a process to its input.
- See: Yard Management System
- A term Toyota adopted to capture the idea of horizontal transfer of information and knowledge across an organization. Yokoten is a two-way street, requiring proactive effort from both those acquiring and developing the knowledge and those who could benefit from greater understanding of the requirements for success.