The Department of Biological Sciences has state-of-the-art Molecular Machines & Industries (MMI) laser microdissection system. The system features:
- contamination-free microdissection with MMI Isolation cap
- solid state laser with high precision cutting
- live cell microdissection capabilities
- high precision motorized XY-stage
- MMI UVCut software with Cell Explorer image recognition software
- pen screen
- Nikon TE-2000S inversted microscope with fluorescence capabilities
- UV/Texas Red/FITC filters
- motorized sample recovery
For further information or to learn how you can enhance your research with this equipment, please contact Lee Graham, lab manager, at 610-758-5683.
User fees apply for instrumentation use and technical support. Departmental Liaison memberships as available, which includes a reduced fee schedule. Please contact our Business Manager, Maria Brace, for more information.