Responsibilities of Disability Support Services (DSS)
- To review student documentation to determine appropriate
- To work with faculty regarding the provision of accommodations to
- To provide individual assistance to students on a limited basis,
and/or refer students to other appropriate services.
- To work with faculty and staff to ensure “meaningful access” for
students with disabilities.
- To educate the Lehigh community on Universal Design and equal
Responsibilities of the Student
- To provide the appropriate documentation as indicated in the Guidelines
for Documentation. The materials must be submitted in a
timely manner in order for the Documentation Review Committee to
review the materials and coordinate any accommodations.
- To provide faculty with at least seven (7) days notification prior
to the need for accommodations. This notification will be presented
to students once their documentation has been approved.
Responsibilities of the Faculty
- To work with the Office of Academic Support Services for Students
with Disabilities to ensure that students are receiving the
- To provide students with the appropriate referral information
regarding academic accommodations for students with documented
Faculty and Staff